Memoir 44 fans

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

105mm Howitzer

Memoir 44 fans

Post by 105mm Howitzer »

Just out of curiosity, any Memoir 44 players out there?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.
Marc von Martial

RE: Memoir 44 fans

Post by Marc von Martial »

Once in a while a play a round or two. Good game.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

If it was on computer I would play it. I've seen it and think it's a great entry level boardgame and would greatly enjoy seeing it come to the ocmputer. Wonder why Matrixgames doesn't try to make this happen? ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Marc von Martial

At Origins rumors were that "Days of Wonder" is working on a computer version.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yep, I rarely have time to play, but I enjoy it and have the base game plus one of the expansions in my game closet.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pomakli

Post by pomakli »

Yes, there is a fan!

I bought it and played several times.

But the best solution is to play it by VASSAL!

Pomakli
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

My son plays it a lot with his buddies (Lord Of The Flies social club as my wife puts it)
along with Axis And Allies Dday and the Pacific game.

I picked it up for him last Xmas to introduce him to the hobby , great game !
Wife told me over the last 6 months she had to answer a battery of requests by parents inquiring what game and where to get it .

He has been asking for Flame Of War ?

Anyone play or even seen it played ?
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Oh yea my kids and I have a blast with it.

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

David, when do you have time for games and kids? ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Play Tide of Iron....when you want a little more serious game.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Bloodybucket28th

Post by Bloodybucket28th »

I like M44, the simplicity makes it work, great gateway game and fun to play just for the heck of it. 

Tide of Iron looks OK, but I sense complexity creep...I have shelves and shelves of wargames that don't get played nowadays because they are simply too complex for casual, quick play.
oi_you_nutter

Post by oi_you_nutter »

got it and most of the expansions... its simple, fun and quick
ugh
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

M44 on the computer could be just the game the market needs to shoot it into overdrive. Axis and Allies is just old and it does take a long time to play a game out. With the attention span of most kids nowadays they need a game like M44 with quick and easy play. Need to get back to those 1-4 hour playable wargames again. It's why North vs South is still one of my favorite computer civil war games. lol Simple, quick and to the point, but, a load of fun value and you could play out a game oh in less than 2 hours easy.

That "Tide of Iron" looks interesting also, perhaps more intermediate to M44 though. But, I'm a sucker for minature type games in the tactical field of play, so, I'd probaby buy it. I like the larger hexes and unit sizes. One of my biggest gripes of HPS games is their minature units are just too small. Needs another zoom level for us old farts with bad vision from playing these small hexed games and small font manuals I need larger font. ;)

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

All the kids in our area are playing Warhammer 40k. Is there a computer version of that ?

Ron Swanson
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Warhammer? My gawd they need to toss that trash in the garbage and play REAL minature wargames. hehe And yeah I think there's Warhammer wannabe's all over the place in computer gaming.

Knock yourself out with Warhammer glob

Gamerankings suks for direct links you'll have to type in Warhammer in the search box....sorry, they suk not me. ;)

Here's Warhammer 40k

Actually as I look through all the Warhammer series games there was one I did like. "Dark Omen". Had a fantasy setting to it.

Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: David Heath

Yeah, and he get's his butt served too [:D]
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

David, when do you have time for games and kids? ;)

Hey the kids were my wife idea.... the games with the kids to give me the strength I need to keep working here [:D]

David Heath

Post by David Heath »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Yea I really stink at it.

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Yea I really stink at it.

You know we expect better out of people who produce wargames. How does that look when the top dog admin can't beat some little kiddies at a kiddie wargame? hahaah J/King ;)

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

M44 on the computer could be just the game the market needs to shoot it into overdrive. Axis and Allies is just old and it does take a long time to play a game out. With the attention span of most kids nowadays they need a game like M44 with quick and easy play. Need to get back to those 1-4 hour playable wargames again. It's why North vs South is still one of my favorite computer civil war games. lol Simple, quick and to the point, but, a load of fun value and you could play out a game oh in less than 2 hours easy.

That "Tide of Iron" looks interesting also, perhaps more intermediate to M44 though. But, I'm a sucker for minature type games in the tactical field of play, so, I'd probaby buy it. I like the larger hexes and unit sizes. One of my biggest gripes of HPS games is their minature units are just too small. Needs another zoom level for us old farts with bad vision from playing these small hexed games and small font manuals I need larger font. ;)

TofI is just the ticket for you I think.

Ron Swanson

Return to “General Discussion”