PBeM Thread: Frank Hunter's ACW: Sumter to Appomattox

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

SittingDuck

PBeM Thread: Frank Hunter's ACW: Sumter to Appomattox

Post by SittingDuck »

Hey, I wanted to created a thread where we can get any Frank Hunter ACW fans together for a PBeM group. Admittedly, an old game - but a [&o]CLASSIC [&o]. But it makes for great play with a few house rules.

I have also done a bit of work on some graphics and tiny work in the text readouts (just a polishing - doesn't really change play). I am going to upload this to a public server site somewhere so people can get the latest, greatest (hehe) version of Frank's classic ACW game.

So, anyone who is interested in a game, please email. I am scrupulously honest - winning is second to enjoyment, and I really only want to play with people who are the same in this regard. I have zero preference for either side, but like to play:

* Historical settings
* Revealed and Actual leader ratings

OTOH, I have no prob winging a bizarre game, either.

Hopefully we can get a few guys together to enjoy some ACW warfare!

Here is a JPEG of the units file I've worked on for a more aesthetic look. It is JPEG, so the image isn't sharp like the original BMP file, and the colors are... weird. JPEG is ugly sometimes. [8|]

Attachments
BASEIMG2.jpg
BASEIMG2.jpg (36.14 KiB) Viewed 70 times
Skyros

RE: PBeM Thread: Frank Hunter's ACW: Sumter to Appomattox

Post by Skyros »

It is a classic. I used to belong to Franks site and played in a round robin tournament.

Return to “General Discussion”