Why can't extra BE Cav be purchased

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

SiTheSly

Why can't extra BE Cav be purchased

Post by SiTheSly »

In my last game as the TE I decided to knock the OE out of the war steal the RM resources there and open up a land route for the British to Russia.

Part of that plan included purchasing extra Cav units for the BE to use in the wide open spaces of the ME and hence thin out the line in the caucus letting Russia attack from there.

To my amazement the British cannot purchase any more Cav units - they are stuck with the one unit from the beginning.

I'm not claiming expert knowledge on WWI but surely the BE would have been able to raise lots of Cav units if it really wanted to for use in the Middle East. In fact didn't it do this? India had caverly units, South Africa did and so did Australia.

Is this just an ommitance which should be corrected or is there some histroical reason which I am unaware of?
EUBanana

RE: Why can't extra BE Cav be purchased

Post by EUBanana »

The British seem quite constrained in general, you can't buy any extra infantry beyond the free mobilisation with them either.

In 1917 I had ~1200 manpower and ~300 arms with the British once and couldnt expand my army??
SiTheSly

Post by SiTheSly »

Maybe its for game balance then.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Early on I decided to allow units to be rebuilt but not built.  The alternative owuld have been gearing up rules or something similar.  It took time for the BE to build up a large army and the game tries to represent that rather than allow the player to create the "1918 army" overnight.

SiTheSly

Post by SiTheSly »

Thanks for the answer
hjaco

Post by hjaco »

I use some of the otherwise useless french cavalry units to help capturing OE hexes....
Hit them where they aren't

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”