Unable to load tactical battles

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
moose1999

Unable to load tactical battles

Post by moose1999 »

Hi, I've just bought For Liberty but have been unable to load any tactical battles. Every time I try to fight a tactical battle the game locks up during the loading with the message: "Division by zero".
Have downloaded and installed latest patch (1.80).
regards,

Briny
LarryP

RE: Unable to load tactical battles

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: briny_norman

Hi, I've just bought For Liberty but have been unable to load any tactical battles. Every time I try to fight a tactical battle the game locks up during the loading with the message: "Division by zero".
Have downloaded and installed latest patch (1.80).

Are you talking about the scenarios other than the campaign? They load fine for me, I just tried after seeing your post.

Are they saved from before this new 1.08 patch?
theboneyman

Post by theboneyman »

I had the same error as above with the 1.80 patch  I loaded my saved campaign game which was in strategic mode and when I went into tactical mode I got a "divide by zero" error and the battle map just failed to load. I went back to 1.75 but had to delete the 'For Liberty!.exe' file in order to downgrade. All is fine at version 1.75. The campaign was saved under the 1.75 version originally.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

It happens with any scenario.
Saved games or new campaigns.
Everything works fine untill I try to play out a tactical battle. Then the battle-map fails to load with the division-by -zero message.
Sounds like boneyman and I are having the same problem.
regards,

Briny
rahamundo

Post by rahamundo »

Same problem for me...I posted the below early today but probably had it in the wrong thread.

I upgraded to 1.80, all works well except for one big problem.  I can't do tactical battles manually.  A small window pops up that says "Liberty", beneath it is a red circle with an X through it, to the right of that is says "Division By Zero" and then an 'OK" button to click. After clicking the "OK" button it returns to the main game window but with the main map portion blacked out and the little stop watch icon running, but the watch never stops, I have to exit out of the game entirely.  Somethings not right.  All other aspects of the gaem work fine, even auto resolve battles.  Any ideas what's wrong?  I run on Windows XP, ATI RADEon 9200 SE graphics card.   Thanks.
Ray
alfredtc

Post by alfredtc »

Same here, in first battle it run fine. But after that the "Division By Zero" message come out everytime I fight the tactical battle. I run on Windows XP Pro with Intel 945GM display card. Tks
Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

Same here, in first battle it run fine. But after that the "Division By Zero" message come out everytime I fight the tactical battle. I run on Windows XP Pro with Intel 945GM display card. Tks

Same thing here...my first tactical battle ran fine but at the start of my second tactical battle I got ¨Division by Zero¨

This must be something in the 1.80 patch.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Frando

Post by Frando »

I just bought this game because it was on sale. Ran into the same problem all of you have reported. The curse of "divide by zero" LOL Not very impressed with the game so far hope the bug in the patch gets handled soon!

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

So far this is the same quality of support I got with this game a year ago. It would lock up to the blue screen of death with SLI mode. Nobody around to help. [&:] [:@]
alfredtc

Post by alfredtc »

It seems the "division by zero" error is a common issue in patch 1.8, I doubt does they ever play test the patch before release.
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

[8|]This is why i am giving up this lousy hobby, i am sick and tired of having to patch games only to find that the latest patch breaks a game even worse. To release a "bonus" patch that breaks the game and NOT even reply yet is just criminal. It's not just Matrix of course, even AGEOD has had a patch or two that goofs stuff up. Frankly, i do not find gaming anything more than work these days[:(], patch, patch, patch, oops, patch, oops, patch, wait, wait...[:'(]
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

[8|]This is why i am giving up this lousy hobby, i am sick and tired of having to patch games only to find that the latest patch breaks a game even worse. To release a "bonus" patch that breaks the game and NOT even reply yet is just criminal. It's not just Matrix of course, even AGEOD has had a patch or two that goofs stuff up. Frankly, i do not find gaming anything more than work these days[:(], patch, patch, patch, oops, patch, oops, patch, wait, wait...[:'(]

You know, I am just about right there with you. I have made some drastic decisions since this Liberty! patch AND 35% off sale came out. The future of my buying is no longer going to be the same as before. Not even close. I have over 48 great games that are pretty trustworthy at this point and I can play those for the rest of my life and not make another purchase.

I don't blame you. You described it very well... patch, patch, oops, wait, patch! [:@] [:@] [:@]
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

[:@]FYI, i decided to give it a spin after reading all this and i got the BUG at the first tactical battle...what a joke[X(]. I figured out how to fix "my" problem once and for all: go to Control Panel, select Add or Remove Programs, select For Liberty and then finally select Uninstall Program. Worked like a charm, another $50 write off. After the Civ4 exp pack and Medievil 2 addon i'm done this year...life is too short.
Henry David Thoreau

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

[:@]FYI, i decided to give it a spin after reading all this and i got the BUG at the first tactical battle...what a joke[X(]. I figured out how to fix "my" problem once and for all: go to Control Panel, select Add or Remove Programs, select For Liberty and then finally select Uninstall Program. Worked like a charm, another $50 write off. After the Civ4 exp pack and Medievil 2 addon i'm done this year...life is too short.

Then since you uninstalled it you can't check out how the menus don't have a cancel button that actually works right. Those are amazingly worthless. I complained a year ago about them and they are no different! [:@]

I read in PCGamer about the Civ4 expansion pack (2nd one actually-Warlords-or was it just an addon? I have the dang thing too!) and the Medieval-2 addon. I planned on getting both if they rate well first. IF THEY RATE WELL FIRST! <---My new motto. [:D]
Frando

Post by Frando »

Perhaps we need to start a new thread "worst patching nightmare." For me it was when the original Operation Art of War came out. There was a major patch like every few days. You would get an ideal on how to play the thing then ther next patch made you have to relearn everything again from the beginning...ugh
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Frando

Perhaps we need to start a new thread "worst patching nightmare." For me it was when the original Operation Art of War came out. There was a major patch like every few days. You would get an ideal on how to play the thing then ther next patch made you have to relearn everything again from the beginning...ugh

You mean The Operational Art of War, TOAW they call it? I have the two originals and also TOAW3 from Matrix. I don't remember the patching fiasco though. That's been a while. Did each patch render your saved games useless too?

That's a tough game to learn. I still like it though and it has a ton of scenarios. Too many are for PBEM only though. [&:] I've spent a lot of hours playing TOAW3.
Frando

Post by Frando »

Yup TOAW. I was so turned off by all the patching I lost interest in the game. In those days BB (before Broadband LOL) downloading a big patch was a major time killing activity. I bought the TOAW version that matrix makes (that was the last 35% off sale) and really like it now. Play that version a lot. Things go full circle.
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I read in PCGamer about the Civ4 expansion pack (2nd one actually-Warlords-or was it just an addon? I have the dang thing too!) and the Medieval-2 addon. I planned on getting both if they rate well first. IF THEY RATE WELL FIRST! <---My new motto. [:D]
Yeah, this is the 2nd expansion for Civ4 but it adds a whole lot more gameplay in the latter part of the game(space) and includes an awesome mod "Fall From Heaven" which i already played and imho is worth the $ alone. Not to mention <COUGH> there is a patch available today for Civ4, Civ4 Warlords AND a little one for Beyond the Sword which ships tommorow[X(]. Now THATS support. I've got 685 MG of free space on my hardrive as of today[:@][:-][:'(].
Henry David Thoreau

LarryP

Post by LarryP »

The only patch I see for Warlords is Oct 31, 2006?! [&:]

Beyond The Sword ships tomorrow!!! I thought it was due out later. Cool! So now you are going to fill that 685 megs of space next week I bet. [;)]
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

ORIGINAL: LarryP

The only patch I see for Warlords is Oct 31, 2006?! [&:]

Beyond The Sword ships tomorrow!!! I thought it was due out later. Cool! So now you are going to fill that 685 megs of space next week I bet. [;)]
It was announced today at the www.wargamer.com, the 3 patches are at the Firaxis site fyi. Yep, my copy of BTS is with overnight shipping[:D] so i'll be fillin' it Tuesday[8D].
Henry David Thoreau

Return to “For Liberty! Support”