Game hangs up when simming through a date

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

Nothingman

Game hangs up when simming through a date

Post by Nothingman »

I have the latest version of Puresim 2007 and when I sim through a date the game hangs up. First I quick sim my teams game for that day which works well. Then I click the "Sim Through July 24th"(current day's date). At this point it takes me to the standings page and goes through the teams in the lower right corner. It then usually freezes on one team. The box will say "Colorado - Evaluating GM/Managerial tendencies..." and then "Colorado thinking...". It will just rotate between the two messages until I close the program in the task manager. The team that it hangs up on is different everytime. I can also load the game where it left off just fine. But obviously it is quite an annoyance. I uploaded a picture of where it freezes. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Attachments
puresim.gif
puresim.gif (172.89 KiB) Viewed 72 times
motnahp

RE: Game hangs up when simming through a date

Post by motnahp »

I'm not sure this is your fix, but take a look. Check each team's active roster and make sure you have exactly 25 players on the MLB roster. Also, look at each team's lineups and rotations to make sure there are no "holes", where an injured player used to be.

A quick way to find the team would be to "Quick Sim" each game, until you find the one(s) that make(s) the program hang up. That game (or games) would be the one(s) with the roster/lineup discrepancy.
"Better to sleep with old hen than pullet" - Redd Foxx
Nothingman

Post by Nothingman »

Thank you for the quick reply. However, it's always a different team that it hangs up on and it happens throughout the entire season. Its not that I can't get passed a certain day. Even when it does freeze I can end the program, load it up and be on the next day. But when I sim that day there would be about a 50% chance that it would freeze up again. I could get through an entire season, its just that I would have to end and start the program around 100 times by the end of the season.
Nothingman

Post by Nothingman »

Actually, it looks like you were correct.  I loaded up a different league and it wasn't hanging up at all.  I decided to check rosters in the league where it was hanging up and about 75% of the teams didn't have 60 players.  I auto filled the lineup of each team and it has been working well since.  Hopefully I don't have to do that very often but at least I know what causes the game to hang like that.  Thanks for the help, motnahp!
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Ah, the dangers of the 60-man roster exemplified. I haven't ventured into the 60-man waters myself. If the next big update features September call-ups, giving the user the option of a 40-man roster after September 1st, I just may give it a try. Until then, I'm sticking with my tried-and-true 35-man rosters[;)].

Glad to be of service. Since I was at work when I "solved" this for you, I figured up that you owe my employer approximately 38 cents.[;)][;)]
DonBraswell

Post by DonBraswell »

Well 35 man rosters aren't all they are cracked up be be either. You can get into a bind with injuries. I have a 35 man real player league going right now and I feel very limited with player movement. The AI must feel the same way because while I'm stuck with 35 players all of the Computer teams always have 38 to 44 players on thier rosters. I normally play with 50 or 55 players but hate all of the scrubs. From what I've seen after the first season or two you don't need scrubs any more. Oh well!
Don
Don Braswell

PureSim Old Timer
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Didn't mean to hit a nerve. Most of my PS experience has been with real players and using the Multiplayer option. With the MP option, the AI doesn't care how many players you have on the roster. It will just spread the extra players out among the minor league teams.

I, too, have had some issues with fictional scrubs. In my first real association, before the advent of the Multiplayer option, there were several teams with less than 35 players. The AI would then fill out each roster with fictional scrubs. On some teams, the scrubs would actually MAKE THE MLB team, while real players were sent to the minors. This disturbed me to no end.

If Shaun does actually add September call-ups to his next full release, 40, 45, or even 50-man rosters would be more realistic than my current preferred 35.

If you want to see some scrubs in person, just go down to Coosa & Tallapoosa while the Barons are in town.

Return to “Tech Support”