Scen. 4 stock question: PBM / PB2Y

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

DaveConn

Scen. 4 stock question: PBM / PB2Y

Post by DaveConn »

I am 9 months into a PBEM game, Scenario 4 stock, and I have been happily using my PBYs for my naval searches. All of a sudden I noticed that I am producing both PBMs and PB2Ys, available to allow me to upgrade my PBYs. Funny, I think, I never noticed earlier that these aircraft were going to be available.

However, when I go back and load Scenario 4 as a new game, it seems that these aircraft (PBMs and PB2Ys) don't appear on any of the replacement aircraft lists: not on "all aircraft", not on "active aircraft", not on "R&D aircraft." Apparently they should be in there somewhere, but it doesn't look to me like they are; presumably they just show up on the replacement lists when they actually start producing. Anyone ever notice that before?

--Dave

wdolson

RE: Scen. 4 stock question: PBM / PB2Y

Post by wdolson »

I haven't played scenario 4, but looking at the scenario in the editor, the PBM starts production in 12/42 and the PB2Y starts out the game in production, but with a pool of 0.  I'm not sure where you are looking.  I've always seen them on the Aircraft Replacement Pool list off the Information screen, though I've never looked at that list before the first turn has run.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
rogueusmc

RE: Scen. 4 stock question: PBM / PB2Y

Post by rogueusmc »

If you are playing without PDUs, then they won't be available for most of you Catalina squadrons...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”