THE THREAD

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

RUPD3658

RE: The Thread

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: USS America

Oh, Onime....look what you have done to the top of The Thread page!  [X(]

Edit to correct subject.

Ahh, yes, Wang Mang, my favorite Chinaman let me down. [X(][:-]

Mine is Rong Wei[;)]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
Mike Solli

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Obviously, Wang's men must have run out of supplies, and their morale was way down... and of course the Commander must have hand Land Combat = 10, Leadership 10, Inspir = 10 ... [:D]

No not Wang Mang! [:(] (I got the post right this time. [:D])
Created by the amazing Dixie
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Obviously, Wang's men must have run out of supplies, and their morale was way down... and of course the Commander must have hand Land Combat = 10, Leadership 10, Inspir = 10 ... [:D]

Nah, the 59 mile bug got him.

[:D] Yeah, that's more like it.

Edit: It wasn't Wang Mang's fault, Bob. [:'(]
Mike Solli

RE: THE THREAD

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Anyone remember mnicrofeesh?

Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Edit to correct subject.

Mine is Rong Wei[;)]

The taxi driver?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Just got back from vacation and got a message from the Chief about the promotion. She went with #2 (a lock from the start) and #4 (one of my fellow detectives). At least she did not go with #1 and #2 or I would have really regretted choaking and ending up #3.

Unkbown how long the list will be held for but I am strangly relieved.

Can we stop crossing our fingers now? It's really hard to type that way.
bobogoboom

Post by bobogoboom »

Nope now you need to keep them crossed that his new boss has a nervious breakdown
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Sig art by rogueusmc
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Edit to correct subject.

Mine is Rong Wei[;)]

LOL [:D]
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

Nope now you need to keep them crossed that his new boss has a nervious breakdown

With RUPD running a tight ship there, that should happen in, say, a week....
RUPD3658

Post by RUPD3658 »

More like two. I come back for two weeks (minus the 2 vacation days and the 4th of July holiday) then I am off for another two weeks. The place shold be a shambles by August 1. [:D]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

Doggie

Post by Doggie »

And you had to walk 20 miles to school up hill both ways in the snow[:D]

Sadly, as I get older I find myself saying thing like this. Around here school closes with an inch of snow. I remember walking to school in 5 inches. And don't even get me started on research papers. Pre-Google the world was much different. Anyone remember mnicrofeesh?

Actually it was only about two miles. In Dunbar, West Virginia during 1960, school buses were something we heard yankees had to ride in the big cities. I walked back and forth to school, alone, just like every other kid except for the sissies who had to have mommy drive them.

And not only microfeesh, but mimograph, with the sweet smelling ink that let you know every page was fresh. Also horror movies about train yards and automobile wrecks designed to scare the bejesus out of elementary school kids. Trains still scare me to this day. And "duck and cover". Nevfer forget duck and cover.
Onime No Kyo

Post by Onime No Kyo »

More like two. I come back for two weeks (minus the 2 vacation days and the 4th of July holiday) then I am off for another two weeks. The place shold be a shambles by August 1. [:D]

Then you can come back and deliver the coop da gracie. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RUPD3658

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

Sadly, as I get older I find myself saying thing like this. Around here school closes with an inch of snow. I remember walking to school in 5 inches. And don't even get me started on research papers. Pre-Google the world was much different. Anyone remember mnicrofeesh?

Actually it was only about two miles. In Dunbar, West Virginia during 1960, school buses were something we heard yankees had to ride in the big cities. I walked back and forth to school, alone, just like every other kid except for the sissies who had to have mommy drive them.

And not only microfeesh, but mimograph, with the sweet smelling ink that let you know every page was fresh. Also horror movies about train yards and automobile wrecks designed to scare the bejesus out of elementary school kids. Trains still scare me to this day. And "duck and cover". Nevfer forget duck and cover.

The Drivers Ed film of which you speak is "Blood on the highway" and I had to sit through it. The shop safety film I had to watch was "It didn't have to happen". Can't look at a table saw without experiencing a flash back.[X(]

I remember mimographs from Middle and High School. You had to turn a drum and you got blueish/urpleish copies that would turn your fingers the same color.[:@]

Ah...Duck and cover. In case of nuclear attack hide under your desk. We did these drills until I was in 8th grade. My school had the fallout shelter symbol on it. These kids today don't know what fear is. Of course when I saw this my mother mentions the Cuban Missle Crisis to remind me that I don't know what it is either. [:D]

RUPD3658

Post by RUPD3658 »

And today's Nik sighting:

I guess he got canned.

Attachments
help.jpg
help.jpg (50.52 KiB) Viewed 38 times

bobogoboom

Post by bobogoboom »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

The Drivers Ed film of which you speak is "Blood on the highway" and I had to sit through it. The shop safety film I had to watch was "It didn't have to happen". Can't look at a table saw without experiencing a flash back.[X(]

I remember mimographs from Middle and High School. You had to turn a drum and you got blueish/urpleish copies that would turn your fingers the same color.[:@]

Ah...Duck and cover. In case of nuclear attack hide under your desk. We did these drills until I was in 8th grade. My school had the fallout shelter symbol on it. These kids today don't know what fear is. Of course when I saw this my mother mentions the Cuban Missle Crisis to remind me that I don't know what it is either. [:D]
Nope we just had to fear an overprotective society.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Sig art by rogueusmc
RUPD3658

Post by RUPD3658 »

I guess I was not the only person to hear this claim. Check out today's comic:

Attachments
uphill.gif
uphill.gif (23.88 KiB) Viewed 38 times

ctangus

Post by ctangus »

Year 23:

Greek geographer Strabo publishes Geography, a work covering the world known to the Romans and Greeks at the time of Emperor Augustus - it is the only such book to survive from the ancient world.

Tiberius' son Julius Caesar Drusus dies. From that point forward, he seems to lose interest in the Empire and occupies himself with the pursuit of pleasure.

Aelius Sejanus begins to dominate the Roman Senate and Tiberius, after the death of Julius Caesar Drusus.

Gaius Asinius Pollio, Gaius Antistius Vetus become consuls

Liu Xuan, a descendant of the Han Dynasty royal family and leader of insurgents against the Xin Dynasty, proclaims himself emperor against Wang Mang.

June, Battle of Kunyang, After being sieged for 2 months, 9000 insurgents under Liu Xiu defeat 450,000 of Wang Mang's troops, ushering in the fall of Wang Mang and restoration of Han Dynasty.
i can hear it from 2 millenia away, Wang Mang screaming "This is TOTALLY bogus!! The land combat model is SCREWED! i seiged this place for 2 months and 450,000 troops are defeated by 9000 untrained bozos?? AARRRGGGHHH!!" [:D] [:'(]

I wonder what he thought about CV reaction rules...
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Or when the effects of the 'Zero bonus' became evident...he looked and said, "what the hell is that?!?!"
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

alaviner

Post by alaviner »

Wow I had to spend a few days in the hospital (since Saturday) with my wife (she has kidney stones) and all hell breaks loose.  We have a new thread, Mynok is banned,  and I still have about 15 more pages of the new thread to catchup on.  I will have to do that tomorrow. I bed time now.  Hospital sleeper chairs don't sleep very well. 

HAIL THREAD [&o][&o][&o]

PS: May all our MIA brothers be returned to us

alaviner

Post by alaviner »

just checked  - only need two more to surpass the evil Anti - thread

Return to “The War Room”