Scenario: "But Not in Shame" The Fall of Corregidor - May 5th, 1942

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding

Moderator: Jason Petho

Zeitgeist

Scenario: "But Not in Shame" The Fall of Corregidor - May 5th, 1942

Post by Zeitgeist »

Scenario Description:
VERSION 2.0 (Best played against human opponent or as Japanese) After the fall of Bataan on April 8 1942, U.S. troops withdrew to Corregidor Island, which controlled Manila Bay. The Japanese mantained heavy bombardment over the straits and continiuous air attacks. Wainwright had 15,000 men for the defense, but continuous pounding weakened morale and diminished supplies. On May 4, 16,000 shells hit the island and on May 5 the Japanese crossed the straits and landed. A stong current pushed them away from the objective, Malitna tunnel, and they faced tough resistance but only 3 tanks were needed to secure a beachhead. By the next morning they had reached the tunnel and Wainwright ordered surrender. Before sendind up the white flag, Wainwright sent a final message to President Roosevelt: WITH BROKEN HEART AND HEAD BOWED IN PROFOUND SADNESS, BUT NOT IN SHAME, I REPORT...THAT TODAY I MUST ARRANGE TERMS FOR THE SURRENDER OF THE FORTIFIED ISLANDS OF MANILA BAY.... PLEASE SAY TO THE NATION THAT MY TROOPS AND I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED ALL THAT IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE AND THAT WE HAVE UPHELD THE BEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ITS ARMY.... WITH PROFOUND REGRET AND WITH CONTINUED PRIDE IN MY GALLANT TROOPS, I GO TO MEET THE JAPANESE COMMANDER.... and with that the battling bastards passed into history. (note: maps courtesy of Paul Witman and But Not In Shame, the 1st 6 months after pearl harbor By John Toland published by Random House 1961)note map scale has been Tripled for clarity and playablity.

Map:

Download Link: http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/deta ... d=4484&u=1

Naturally, the best way to play this would be H2H. As much as I would love to play this as the Americans, it is best to play as the Japanese if you want to play single player. This is an updated version of a scenario I released several years ago @ the wargamer scenario depot

Hope you all like the scenario, and can give some feedback

Regards,

Patrick
www.WW2F.com - The Definitive World War Two Message Board

Zeitgeist

RE: Scenario: "But Not in Shame" The Fall of Corregidor - May 5th, 1942

Post by Zeitgeist »

the scenario is now available for download at that link, curtesy of the wargamer.com

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Downloaded the file but it doesn´t work, as it lacks both map and OOB. Seems interesting, however, 65 turns and level of complexity 8!
Zeitgeist

Post by Zeitgeist »

thanks for that, man

I have reuploaded a fixed file for approval, just wait a few days :)  

Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Thanks a lot!
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

Still no map or OOB.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

How big is the zip? Maybe you can put it at gamesquad.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Zeitgeist

Post by Zeitgeist »

ok guys, for some reason the wargamer wont upload my corrected version.  Later this weekend I will upload it to zshare or something like that, and post the link here.            regards, Patrick

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”