Refueling

Carriers At War is Strategic Studies Group famed simulation of Fleet Carrier Air and Naval Operations in the Pacific from 1941 - 1945.

Moderators: alexs, Gregor_SSG

Al Boone

Refueling

Post by Al Boone »

Another missing point from the CAW 2007 game manual is well covered by the CAW 1992 docs. The CAW 1992 manual says under Refueling: "Certain Task Groups in ascenario may have a refuel mission. To refuel another TG, target the refueling TG using the Friendly TG button in the Task Group movement screen. The TG will move to the refueling TG, and when it reaches the same hex, refueling will automatically start. For every 15 minutes that the two TGs spend together, one day's endurance will be added to the TG taking fuel. You must use the Friendly Task Group button to rendezvous the TGs. Just putting them in the same hex is not enough. Any ships in port will automatically refuel. Refueling at night takes twice as long. since they carry so much surplus fuel, ships with a refuel mission will always have the maximum 31 days endurance." I tried this with CAW 2007 and it works. It is not mentioned at all in the CAW 2007 rules......... If I didn't already have CAW 1992, CAW II and the CAW Construction Set, I think that I would now buy the Complete CAW mentioned elsewhere in this forum, even though it is $32 with postage, just to get the rules and maps. There are many other questions, errors and inconsistencies to be yet addressed in CAW 2007, even though it is a great game, second only to the uncompleted Uncommon Valor.

Return to “Carriers At War”