UFO...XCOM

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
IEDragon

UFO...XCOM

Post by IEDragon »

I just started playing this game yesterday. It is so much like the old XCOM, it's downright scary. Research and production seems slower, but that could just be my imagination. It's interesting that when I build a new lab or workshop, I automatically get 10 scientists/techs; in XCOM, I had to buy them, AND build additional living space for them. What I don't like is there's no way to get rid of soldiers you don't like. But then, I've only gone thru one game month. I guess I need more gameplay...a lot more gameplay.
Zalandar

RE: UFO...XCOM

Post by Zalandar »

Yeah iedragon

i agree it is very close to the x-com game.I've played through the on easy and had a lot of fun. As in addictted----wha hoooo

i don't like the way it is set up for scientist/building but it is does make it a bit of a challenge to balance and budget things.The first time u loose 4 or more warriors and have to play with just 3 or 4 fighters and a tank {actually had to go out with only 2 men and a tank once} really makes u concentrate on your tactics and the suspense is just awesome as u progress.

Have fun amigo------I'm in April and playing on Hard--Vanilla.Tactics and technology are your best friends.------But then if u have played x-com u already know that.
IEDragon

Post by IEDragon »

HARD??  I get my butt kicked on the NORMAL level!
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: IEDragon

HARD??  I get my butt kicked on the NORMAL level!

Me too [:(] I will get it eventually.... I like it though. Fun game.
dbt1949_slith

Post by dbt1949_slith »

I'm a really bad player in all pc games and always play the first few games on easy or less if there is one until I can learn the game mechanics and tactics.
Ye Olde Farte
Zalandar

Post by Zalandar »

iedragon

make sur that u always take a rookie with u on missions so that u are continually building up experience for them cause u will need them sooner or later.I try to match the rookie with my top guy/gal and at least one veteran and set him up so the he/she get a kill or two.

I'm not good myself and usually play on easy at first aswell.One of these days i'm going to have play a hardcore game and see how i do.I rarely reload but sometimes i really do some stupid moves and end up losing my top people and will reload and do it the right way -----Patience is a virtue in this game.

Return to “The War Room”