First Patch for CAW when?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

First Patch for CAW when?

Post by Tank Commander_MatrixForum »

I note there are a number of issues identified with the first release and with any software product this can be expected. Afterall some of the gameplayers here would make darn good testers!

However considering many of these have been acknowledged as valid by Matrix and some highlighted for their review, I wonder what date roughly Matrix / SSG are targetting for this patch to be released. Not after a hard date but more an indication in terms of days / weeks etc

Don't get me wrong I love these games but like the Campaign series I'm so keen to buy this but feel I'd like to wait for the first patch to be released

Thanks in advance
3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander
Erik Rutins

RE: First Patch for CAW when?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Well, the game has just been released less than a week ago. Generally, barring critical emergency issues (of which there are none I've seen here) we typically give it a week or two to see what is reported before setting any dates for a patch and as far as I know SSG follows a similar plan. The game as released is working fine in the vast majority of cases.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

No crashes for me till Coral Sea and I bet its because a lot of players don't transfer their air assets from Townsville to Port Morseby like I've been doing. Pre that and in Pearl, Wake and now Midway no crashes... so far [;)]
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

My only hangup has been when exiting to windows. No CTD though.
blastpop

Post by blastpop »

The game has been remarkably stable in its release form- for me so far at least!
Mark
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

No crashes for me till Coral Sea and I bet its because a lot of players don't transfer their air assets from Townsville to Port Morseby like I've been doing. Pre that and in Pearl, Wake and now Midway no crashes... so far [;)]
I was going to state this earlier but...I always transfer all air assests available to Port Morseby, since my 2nd game. No crashes, anomolies or WAD since release for me[X(].

Note: I've been sticking with Coral Sea for the last two days/nights.
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Tank Commander_MatrixForum

Post by Tank Commander_MatrixForum »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Well, the game has just been released less than a week ago. Generally, barring critical emergency issues (of which there are none I've seen here) we typically give it a week or two to see what is reported before setting any dates for a patch and as far as I know SSG follows a similar plan. The game as released is working fine in the vast majority of cases.

Hi Erik,

The stability confirmation is very pleasing to here and the guys on this forums have been doing plenty testing so far (Im a UK Software Test Manager myself)

I certainly don't mean to be critical and the response so far to this thread is very encouraging. I'll certainy be buyng but will wait for the CD version toward the end of the month

Thanks

3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

I've had one CTD. The crash reporting proggy popped up, and I let it talk to SSG. That'll do it, I hope.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
alexs

Post by alexs »

Hi Guys,
    Our plans are exactly as Erik has explained. We need to have a good idea about what needs to go into the patch before we can start to talk about timeframes.

GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

Got the game yesterday, 2 crashes so far: 1 hangup on exit, 1 CTD when closing a TG info box (i think).
I used the built-in bug report feature to report the CTD, but one thing made me curious: According to my firewall, the bug report was sent to some url like gator20.gator-something.com (I can't remember the exact URL).
We aren't talking about the infamous gator company that provided ad-serving software (gator, known as "claria" now too, i think) appearing in freeware versions of programs like Roger Wilco, server-query tools (online gaming tools in general), are we?

Since I closed the firewall window too quickly when I allowed to send the report, I would like to know what infos are being collected/sent, where the infos use to end up, and what parties are involved when data is being processed/viewed respectively.

I don't mean to insinuate anything, I just wanna have more info, as the url reported by my firewall made me wonder.

Thanks in advance.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

I had half a dozen crashes so far. Reported them all using the in game reporting tool.

Even though I like the game I definitely can't call it "stable".

alexs

Post by alexs »

Hi Guys,
The reports are sent directly to us - via our SMTP servers (ie email). The gator you see in the host name is simply our website name being resolved to our webhosts (hostgator) - not at all connected with anything nefarious. The crash reports send me the following files (all zipped into a single file):
1. A minidump of the crash (basically the computers stack state at the time of the crash). This enables me to see exactly which line of code the program crashed on and helps me track down the problems.
2. Your options.txt file - this shows me what options you had turned on at the time which also helps me to work out whether it's a specific set of options that are required before a crash will occur. If you open the options.txt file, you'll see that there is no personal information included that could identify you.
3. Your debug.txt file - this shows me any debug messages that have occurred during the running of the program and can help me work out when unexpected things occur.

Thats all that is sent (along with the text you type about what you were doing when the crash occurred).

And remember - if you dont feel comfortable with sending the reports, just hit the "Dont Send" button.
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

Thanks for the clarification [:)].
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006

Return to “Carriers at War Support”