Digital River crap again

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Marc von Martial

RE: Digital River crap again

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
I don't follow various support sub forums closely but I remember there were occassional epidemics of DR problems in the past.

Yep and most of them were because people/customers were not waiting for the official announcement that the product is officially available for purchase [;)]
Marc von Martial

First according to laws in most Euro countries no one and I mean NO one is allowed to ask me for my phone number, ever.

Please quote those laws. A lot of online shops require you to put down your phone number. Maybe not in Croatia, but certainly for most of the shop I bought from in GE, UK, FR and the rest of the bigger and old EU countries. If such laws exist then the EU legal authorities will have a lot of work to do ......

Granted, the error codes are too cryptic and that's something we would like to see changed too.
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

Oleg be happy that you don't live in Serbia...

One my friend from there told me that cannot buy anything online. I refused to believe that but still - they have even bigger problems than Croats.

So don't vote for HDZ [:'(] and world will look at you better. Just kiddin. You praised Sanader and HDZ made inner debts again big in Croatia. Although SDP is also lousy 2000-2003 was better in terms of solving inner debts in Croatia. If I were asked than HDZ party would be banned for life and all main acters / criminals shot. But that's just me.
Image of the Balkans as nest of stealing motherfuckers cannot be changed only by you, me or few other people - that needs to be changed fundamentally. So tearing your hair and yelling at DR don't help too much to change that negative perception that western companies (may) have.

Russians are even worse - Bill Stealey lost much money on Russian frauds on their on line aircombat games. They just played for free.

I know that you are OK, and that you are not criminal - but on one Oleg there is 100 Balkan thieves.

Please no flame Oleg - I am really talking this for your good and bona fide in good intention.

What will George Bush speak with Prime Minister of Croatia Ivo Sanader in Albania - trivia? Can he ask him about watches LOLZ or maybe he can ask him about facts that you must be member of HDZ to get a job in town called Virovitica? LOLZ Democratic, really. Nepotism not mentioned.

But aside of this - I like your attitude to be treated equally as the rest of the world as you are certanly not criminal. Don't get frustrated at that.

Cheers and remember no flame I am telling you this in strictly frendly manner.

Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Please quote those laws. A lot of online shops require you to put down your phone number. Maybe not in Croatia, but certainly for most of the shop I bought from in GE, UK, FR and the rest of the bigger and old EU countries. If such laws exist then the EU legal authorities will have a lot of work to do ......

LOL I am not going to spend couple hours searching thru various Euro legal web pages (can hardly think of anything more boring). Suffice it to say that Direct2Drive, Amazon UK, Steam, never asked me for any phone number, or if they did they were content with 55555-55555 that I entered [:D]
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
Oleg be happy that you don't live in Serbia...

Cheers and remember no flame I am telling you this in strictly frendly manner.

I trust you as I didn't read any of it anyway [:D] (off topic and too long as usual from you)
Marc von Martial

LOL I am not going to spend couple hours searching thru various Euro legal web pages (can hardly think of anything more boring). Suffice it to say that Direct2Drive, Amazon UK, Steam, never asked me for any phone number, or if they did they were content with 55555-55555 that I entered [:D]

So because those quoted do not ask you say it is an EU law [&:]?
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

[/quote]

I trust you as I didn't read any of it anyway [:D] (off topic and too long as usual from you)
[/quote]

Well, you should read. It's teaching tool LOLZ

See, you can be fine - what is good - you communicate here with all people around the world and see one thing:

a) Americans that write here or on Usenet are smarter than Balkaneses althought those bastards in The Balkans think that Americans are stupid. I see only creme de la creme here or on Usenet and many bright minds.

b) Croatians and Serbians just show their stupidity more often on Usenet or in the local forums because they stopped herding sheeps and bought laptops and connected to the Internet. Dear God - that is certanly not the case in USA and I applaud them for that - rednecks don't use PC's too much there LOLZ.

You don't have to agree - but you know how much problems you have on Croatian Usenet so just thank God for this opportunity to just skip talking to those morons there.

Of course feel free to disagree, I am big democrat.

BUT! Even those imbeciles from The Balkans are showing JUST slight
Darwinian evolutionary gains here or there. Too slow but better than nothing.

Ahem, I know, this is maybe better to be left out for some books or something like that to be written.

sorry for offtopic but this crossed my mind few days ago. No, Americans are not stupid, not at all. Lousy perception in some circles.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

So because those quoted do not ask you say it is an EU law [&:]?

Well obviously there are half a dozen sites all over the planet that did sell me tons of stuff worth hundereds of Dollars/Euros/Pounds without knowing my damn phone number right? [:D]

So why DR thinks a senseless sting of numbers is needed to sell me something is still beyond me.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Of course feel free to disagree, I am big democrat.

*yawn* Learn to quote Mario [:D]
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I refuse that [:D]
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

I refuse that [:D]

But it's easy, just remove the leading / from the quote tag. Try it and you'll feel better about yourself.

(This service has been provided free of charge under provisions of Help the Matrix Neighbor Act)
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

[quote]

But it's easy, just remove the leading / from the quote tag. Try it and you'll feel better about yourself.

(This service has been provided free of charge under provisions of Help the Matrix Neighbor Act)
[quote]

Ah, thanks, even Monkeys Brain can learn something [:D]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Er... let's stay on topic please.

Oleg, as far as I know the credit card companies require us to get the phone number for a credit card transaction. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as far as I know we're required to do it. Did it work once you put in the right phone number?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Oleg, as far as I know the credit card companies require us to get the phone number for a credit card transaction. Sorry for the inconvenience, but as far as I know we're required to do it. Did it work once you put in the right phone number?

I'll probably try again - using the mighty blonde's phone number - when I get back from a business trip to Wien on Tuesday/Wednesday. If it won't work don't worry I'll bother you again [;)]
Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

Er... let's stay on topic please.

ok, sorry for off topic blabbering.

edit: i just had to explain to oleg that for his troubles is more responsible shitdome called croatia and not dr. so he is bitching at wrong adress because i see that people from civilized and un-imbeciled nations have no problem at all.
Tank Commander_MatrixForum

Post by Tank Commander_MatrixForum »

I can assure you that it is NOT a Euro Law that prevents vendors asking for the purchaser's phone numbers. It is common practice for many vendor's to include a request for the purchaser's number so that a potential problem with payment could be resolved.

Observation - If you have given the vendor your credit card / payment details should you be more or less worried about giving them your phone number [:D]

Its not really a good idea to quote items as being prevented by law without actually quoting the law or precedent and in the good old tradition I will quote 'objection over-ruled"
3 write-offs but still a Tank Commander
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

OK so they can ask for my phone number legally. Fine. Perhaps they have every right to ask for my height in inches or the size of my left thumb or the color of my eyes. The logical question is WHY would they want to know that unless they HAVE to. I know for certain they don't HAVE to know my phone number to sell me something simply because I buy stuff from half a dozen sites and never leave my phone number. So I still maintain it's very stupid to complicate sales process with something you don't HAVE to do (plus giving a cryptic feedback to customer).
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

They have always done it here for CC purchases.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

ORIGINAL: CJMello63

They have always done it here for CC purchases.

No they didn't. I bought stuff from Amazon US without leaving my phone number.

What's good for the biggest online sales company on the planet, the one that ships physical stuff accross the planet no less, should be fine for them morons from DR selling bits and bytes.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

OMG!!!!111!! It worked!! Hot blonde phone # opens all doors!!

Nagumo, Fletcher, Yamagutchi, Spruance - ph34r!!!11! Here I come  

Return to “Carriers at War Support”