Active Sonar Problem?

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Bloodfeud

Active Sonar Problem?

Post by Bloodfeud »

Version 3.8 RC 8

I am going through a couple of the tutorial scenarios incl. Using Sensors and Submarine Operations. My issue is simple. I click on a given unit of mine and then click the sensor button. I then click the active sonar radio button. No new sensor rings appear on my tactical display and when I click the sensor button again, the passive radio button is still checked. My next step was to check the platform in each respective scenario (Lewis Puller DD in the Using Sensors scenario and my submarine in the Submarine Ops scenario) to see if they have sonar. The DD shows that my sonar is active but my towed sonar is not. Is this normal or should it deploy the towed array or am I just doing this wrong? As you can probably discern I am a relatively new player here. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Ologotai

RE: Active Sonar Problem?

Post by Ologotai »

I am playing 3.8 and also have this problem.

I set the Sonar to Active in the Sensors window. The Unit status screen EMCON field update to "ACTIVE" but when I re-open the Sensors Screen it shows the Passive circle checked.

The same goes for ECM. Also with ECM the "X" and "Q" notations referred to in the tutorial do not seem to appear?

Is there a fix for these - or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Regards

Andy

Bucks

RE: Active Sonar Problem?

Post by Bucks »

Ologotai,

Yes thanks for the report I'll make sure this goes into Mantis as it's not listed as an issue at present. I've been working on HUD3 sonar and torpedo values and have noticed this and something with dual speed torpedoes. I'll go to Mantis shortly and write this up. I've already taken multiple screen shots of this as well as and check this one, torpedoes showing both active and passive sonar range bands simultaneously.

Again thanks for the report and I'll make this an official entry asap. I'll get back to you with an entry number and let you know as soon as it's been fully addressed.

Darren Buckley

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”