Wishlist

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

JJKettunen

Wishlist

Post by JJKettunen »

Surprised to see this kind of thread doesn't exist already.

Can I start with perhaps the most insignificant wish of all-time.[:D]

Could we have map labels similar to the later versions of Panzer Campaigns? Without the white backround, y'know? It would be a major improvement in map aesthetics, in my eyes at least.
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Trigger Happy

RE: Wishlist

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'll add a second wish to the seconded one of Keke, is there a possibility to don't have music running when you open the games? I mean in the menus. How about that for significance? [:D]
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

ORIGINAL: Trigger Happy

I'll add a second wish to the seconded one of Keke, is there a possibility to don't have music running when you open the games? I mean in the menus. How about that for significance? [:D]

I agree! The music gets annoying after umphteenth time.

(what a great list this is going to be [:D])
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Sequoia

Post by Sequoia »

My Wish, redo Divided Ground and make the Viet Nam Mod official.
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Look under settings in the game menu me thinks and you can turn background music on/off.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

You can.
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Look under settings in the game menu me thinks and you can turn background music on/off.

Yes, but we mean the menu-music, when you select the game mode. No option for turning it off.
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Merv0728

Post by Merv0728 »

I would like to be able to turn off all the music whereever it plays, I find it really annoying. Please please do this.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Merv0728

I would like to be able to turn off all the music whereever it plays, I find it really annoying. Please please do this.

You can turn off the music while playing any of the games under the Options menu.

You cannot turn off the intro music, unless one finds the file that plays and deletes it? Not sure.

Jason Petho
Jarexx

Post by Jarexx »

Just dig around your game folder to find the offending sound file , then just simply back-up and delete which should fix your problem.

Or if you find it so annoying just replace it with something more to your taste.
Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

I would be careful about deleting the file. The exe almost certainly checks for that. I have crashed the game many a time deleting a bmp or sound file before. I'd go for that handy volume button option on your speakers. Works every time.
"The world is not divided into East and West anymore; it is divided into North and South..."
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

I found the file for East Front (nbackg10.ogg) and deleted it. It doesn't change anything. The same music-file must have been hard coded to the menu or somefink. 
Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn
BShin

Post by BShin »

I'd remake Divided Ground into a comprehensive modern wargame, from 6 Day War/Vietnam to Invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan.

Transport capacity can be more nuanced, rather than strength points of carrier must match strength points of carried unit. A single LVTP-7 can carry more than 20 men - half of a Marine platoon, but in the game, you'd need 6 LVTPs to lift one platoon. I'd like to be able to edit this in platoon.oob with the encryption program.

Some units have more than one weapon that in reality would use up differing amounts of action points and produce different sounds. An example is a BMP in DG having both a 73mm gun as well as ATGM. As things are now, BMP can only use its ATGM - the action points consumed per shot are more than half its action points, which means that BMP can only fire once per turn, even if it's using its cannon against soft targets.

Bert
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

I missed the intro music for WF. Brought a tear to my eye when I heard it again.
Jarexx

Post by Jarexx »

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

I would be careful about deleting the file. The exe almost certainly checks for that. I have crashed the game many a time deleting a bmp or sound file before. I'd go for that handy volume button option on your speakers. Works every time.

Which is why you need to back-up the file just to be on the safe side [:)]
scaz

Post by scaz »

ORIGINAL: Sequoia

My Wish: Use the Divided Ground engine as a base and Create a Modern combat version of campaign series (1950-2007+).
warhead2

Post by warhead2 »

seconded
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

I'd like to third that.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
dudalb_slith

Post by dudalb_slith »

I fifth or sixth for DividedGround done right,and then going on to complete coverage of the latter part of the 20th century.
But be patient,frankly,it will take some work to adapt the Campaign system to modern weapons. It seems to be harder to do on the platton level then a squad level. that this was botched was a major flaw of Divided Ground.
That DG will take a fair amount of redevelopment to get it right is one reason why it was not included in the Campaign disc..that and the fact it is not really a John Tiller game.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

How about the RS Banzai be added to the other games for certain types of units?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”