COTA Patch 3

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Pergite!

RE: COTA Patch 3

Post by Pergite! »

ORIGINAL: simovitch

ORIGINAL: Pergite!

Rolls-Royce Armoured Car or its later version Fordson Armoured Car?

Nope.

However, I'll gladly do the vehicles for the RRAC AND the Morris CS9 AND the estabs for 11th Hussars if you guys make it worth our while by making some good pre-'42 North Africa scenarios (including Beda Fomm).

Deal?

I dont know if I am in deep water, but my map editor is currently crunching its way through a 40x50km map over the battle area of Beda Fomm. I thought that there maybe would be room for some what if manouvering, if for example the Italians would escape from the road. I had planned to use Marmon Harrington´s to represent the Hussars, but the real deal would of course be nice.
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Any word guys on the patch...........trying to hold off starting a new game till patch is out [:D] .
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Sorry I've been flat out on other business ( ie defence business ). I'm devoting some time to this over the next few days and hope to put out a new Patch 3 build. We hit a few bugs in the scheduling code highlighted by an earlier fix to some other peice of code - alas a common risk with complex code. I've written the pseudo code for the fix but need to write the final code for it and of course test it. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Non problemo Dave............I anxiuosly await the finished product cause I know you wont let it go till it's right!

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Thanks for the update.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

lyceum

Post by lyceum »

thanks for the update. can't wait to try the new scenario [:D]
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Here is a list of Data Content goodies that will be included in Patch #3. These are items that Dave has given the thumbs up on and are more or less completed.

This list does not include all the code modifications, fixes, and bug hunting that Dave is trying to finish up for Patch #3.

Estabs: New vehicles and force estabs for coy, sqn, and HQ's:
1. Italian M11/39 medium tank.
2. Rolls Royce Armored Car
3. Morris CS9 Light recon Car
4. Stuart I (Honey)
5. Matilda I
6. Italian M13/40 (vehicle existed, added force estabs)

These additions will allow scenario designers to develop some scenarios for the early Western Desert/East Africa battles, pre-1942. The Matilda I saw action in France at Arras, and I added it as a bonus in case someone wants to do that battle.

Airborne Bases:
We are also in the process of revamping the airborne and airlanding bases to give the airborne army a bit more staying power. It is a balancing act with the manpacks because they are dreadfully inefficient compared to trucks. Realistically this is how it should be, but there is room to increase capacity and 'clean up' these bases so that non-essential personnel don't eat up all the food that should be getting to the front line troops. Don't expect miracles with the airborne, but initial testing shows about a 25% improvement with delivery of basics supply.
simovitch

flintlock

Post by flintlock »

That's a nice partial change list for the upcoming patch. Appreciate the update, simovitch.
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Sounds great sim...........!!!!!

Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Airborne Bases:
We are also in the process of revamping the airborne and airlanding bases to give the airborne army a bit more staying power. It is a balancing act with the manpacks because they are dreadfully inefficient compared to trucks. Realistically this is how it should be, but there is room to increase capacity and 'clean up' these bases so that non-essential personnel don't eat up all the food that should be getting to the front line troops. Don't expect miracles with the airborne, but initial testing shows about a 25% improvement with delivery of basics supply.

Thanks! [&o]
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

[font="times new roman"]Will this be a comprehensive patch, or should the earlier patches be installed first?  I will be starting from a new game install. [/font]

Thomas Jefferson

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

06 Maestro,

Not sure at this stage. Normally it's an "add on" - ie you install the earlier patches first. But I have had to convert every scenario. I'll discuss this with Matrix and let you know in due course.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Thanks for the info-ready to download-good luck and God speed.

Thomas Jefferson

flintlock

Post by flintlock »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

I have had to convert every scenario.
That sounds like a time consuming and laborious process. Appreciate the continued support for this wonderfully unique wargame.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

It's not that laborious as we invested in some automated tools for doing the conversions. Essentially I write some code to effect the change, recompile the ScenMaker, run the new debug version of the ScenMaker; select "Convert" from the menu and then select the scenarios we want to convert; come back in several hours and it's all done.[:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Hey dave, u reckon u might be at the end of it this w\e?
Formerly Goodwood

captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Are we there yet??????

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

During the week I believe I have fixed all the bugs in the "abandon plan" code that I overhauled. I have a couple of other loose ends to tidy up but should put out a new build this weekend.[:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Well, this is timely, tis my mid year gaming season. An updated CotA is an excellent way to kick it off.[:)]
Thanks, again, for your work.

Thomas Jefferson

captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Thks Dave for all your hard work and continued support on this most excellent game system..............cant wait for BFTB to see the light of day!!!!!

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”