Is the patch 3.80.2 on Patches Scrolls official?

Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare is the result of decades of development and fan support, resulting in the most comprehensive, realistic, and accurate simulation of modern combined air and naval operations available to the gaming public. New features include, multiplayer support, third party databases, scenario editors, and OVER 300 pre-built scenarios!

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Vincenzo_Beretta

Is the patch 3.80.2 on Patches Scrolls official?

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

I found it today at this address, posted on May, 25th - but nothing here on the forum [:)]

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=eng ... zip&ref=ps
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Vincenzo_Beretta

RE: Is the patch 3.80.2 on Patches Scrolls official?

Post by Vincenzo_Beretta »

However, it would seem that it is the same patch available on Matrix's public FTP site at ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Harpoon3ANW/ . Is it possibile that Matrix simply forgot to annouce it?
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: VCDH

In fact, I've been told that the site caters to hacks and cracks of a variety of games.  As such I'd be real careful following this link.  It may contain malacious software that will screw up your system.

No idea where you got that BS from. 'Patches Scrolls' has won several awards, has been a perfectly respectable home for game patches for over a decade (I've used it for most of that time), and does not cater to 'hacks and cracks'. Far from having "nothing to do with AGSI's release program" it's the same file as Vincenzo says (down to time and date of authorship). One of the download links is actually to Filefront, another perfectly reputable site. I suppose it's possible that it is a cracked or malicious version of some sort, but I'd put the odds on a level with Elvis turning up at the Matrix offices, particularly as the offending patch requires the Matrix serial number to install. I detect FUBAR, not enemy action.... unless from the Harpoon HQ mafia (only kidding guys [:D] )

BTW 'Patches Scrolls' is a particularly useful site if you are trying to find patches for older games; their archives go right back to 1995.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Duplicate - deleted.
Stavka_lite

Post by Stavka_lite »

I purchased ANW right when it was released, but didn't get it installed until just a couple of days ago, I know sacrilege[X(]. My question is does 3.8 include any and-or all of the previous patches(if there are any).  Will I also need to update to the newest DB?
Yes, it is a dry heat... but so is a bloody blast furnace!

Return to “Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare”