Where do you live?

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Gil R.

Where do you live?

Post by Gil R. »

I've long been curious where most FOF players are from. My impression is that there are more southerners than northerners, but I might be wrong. Unfortunately, the poll only allows ten options, so I can't do a breakdown by state. I think my geographical breakdowns make some amount of sense.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
freeboy

RE: Where do you live?

Post by freeboy »

Wow, I never was fisrt in a pole oops is that POLL?
"Tanks forward"
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

It's probably only because Walloc isn't signed on.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

I live in Pennsylvania but was born in Georgia and have lived in Alabama, Mississippi, and Michigan.  My soul is Southern but my sympathies are Northern Abolitionist.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Yeah, I was thinking there'd be a few transplants that would make this poll a bit inaccurate.
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

I think some one made an error in this poll. Typical americans. It should be different states of USA then only other option is that country that isnt USA [:D]
ill ofc refuse to answer until that is changed!

Btw how rude Gil, havent answered any posts here today, yes yes prolly a first in a looong time.[;)]
Sigh, Even HS send me dutch pilots to look over the other day!!!
I dont speak a word of dutch.

No regards,

Rasmus
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Before too long, the Dutch won't speak a word of Dutch, either. Isn't English their official language? Or is it just unofficially official?
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Well i think they fear what happens if they make it official. French are only a speed bumb(Belgium) away.
Dont hope Eddy read this or my free belgiese beer supply might dry up. No way of knowing what he might tell on.[;)]

Is this a poll or diss other country thread btw just to be sure?

Rasmus
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

I personally can't diss any countries where there are potential customers (or, at least, a large number of them). I will, however, permit myself to say, "Madagascar sucks!!!"
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Thot u just did that to the dutch. They've becomming more nationalistic lately. At leased thats my view on things if u look at the political situasion in last 5 years time. So it might be the truth about the language, but then some times to some the truth hurts.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

I'd never knock the Dutch. I have only the most positive impressions (though their taste in strong licorice exasperates me).
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Lol then u havent tasted the danish version. Dutch version is mild compared too possible dk. U can in any small store get 25 different versions and tastes of licorice, out several hundres.

My ex US Girl Friend accussed me, after trying, of eating tar, which sadly isnt that far from the truth. Ammoniumchlorid, peber and salt is added to some of the worst.
netjam99

Post by netjam99 »

I live at Sope Creek and the Chattahoochee River; where Union General Schofield threw a pontoon bridge across the Chat. River and made his crossing in the dark of the night. July 8, 1864. This caused the Confederates to withdraw into Atlanta and supposely was the reason Johnson got replaced by John B. Hood.

Oh...Thats Marietta, Georgia by the way, just North of Atlanta. [:D]
Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

I'm from Central Missouri, but my previous service experience 25+ years ago, took me to 1) Chicago, Illinois, 2) Baltimore, Maryland, 3) Springfield, Massachusettes 4) Norfolk, Virginia, and 5)Charleston, South Carolina, with Charleston being my absolute favorite place other than the fireants. (They'll eat you alive, if you happen to be standing near them.) [:D] Lots of southern history in Charleston, obviously, even the mansion where the made the movie "Gone With The Wind".
You've GOT to hold them back!
michaelincolorado

Post by michaelincolorado »

last 8 years I live in colorado - grew up in Pennsylvania where I remember buying a US Civil War belt buckle with a bullet dent in it when I was 5 from a Civil War relics store I just drolled over as a little kid - spent two years overseas in Army back in 70s - traveled throughout lots of world with job in late 90s early 2000s. Now I just stick around home mostly and travel a bit in US with the job, garden, go to church, read, and play FoF.[:)]
wzh55

Post by wzh55 »

I now live in California, but of course, I am still a true Virginia southerner, suh! The South will NOT rise again, it never really died.
(Some people just had really bad ideas about their neighbors; thought they could own them ).
Bill Hawthorne
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Southern Missouri. Southern bred. Southron till the day I'm dead. 
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Born in Washington State, but I will never live there again. North Carolina is my home.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
shenandoah

Post by shenandoah »

Curiously, Virginia has its own category but yet there is only one vote, so far.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The Southern gents are all to busy winning the Civil War to come answer this poll. )
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”