Homerun numbers

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

galaril

RE: Homerun numbers

Post by galaril »

Shaun,

I am not sure what was up with those numbers that time but I have run the league association to sim history to more times and the numbers are right on. My only orpblem is the league isn't expanding from 1900's 8 teams? I ran 73 years and it never expanded? I checked the expansion on and set it to the mlb like setup of two leagues of 16 teams?
Nukester

Post by Nukester »

I play mostly in the deadball era, and changing the stadiums from the default fake stadiums that the game gives the teams is an absolute must. Historical deadball numbers are out of wack leaving them the way they are created.

Try using more stadiums from a little later. For instance, put the Beaneaters in Braves Field instead of the South End Grounds and put the Cardinals in Sportsman's Park instead of Robison Field. Give that a try. Even though most of those very old stadiums that were used in 1901 (I usually start in 1903 so the stadiums are pretty much the same as 1901) have far allys and center field, alot of them have very very shallow walls down the lines (Robison Field: 470 down LF line, 520 to LC, and 500 to CF, but the RF line is only 290 ft). Same goes with South End Grounds (445' to LC, 440 to C, 440 to RC.....but only 250 down the LF line, and 255 down the RF line)

Not 100% historically correct, but it makes a huge difference.
galaril

Post by galaril »

ORIGINAL: Nukester

I play mostly in the deadball era, and changing the stadiums from the default fake stadiums that the game gives the teams is an absolute must. Historical deadball numbers are out of wack leaving them the way they are created.

Try using more stadiums from a little later. For instance, put the Beaneaters in Braves Field instead of the South End Grounds and put the Cardinals in Sportsman's Park instead of Robison Field. Give that a try. Even though most of those very old stadiums that were used in 1901 (I usually start in 1903 so the stadiums are pretty much the same as 1901) have far allys and center field, alot of them have very very shallow walls down the lines (Robison Field: 470 down LF line, 520 to LC, and 500 to CF, but the RF line is only 290 ft). Same goes with South End Grounds (445' to LC, 440 to C, 440 to RC.....but only 250 down the LF line, and 255 down the RF line)

Not 100% historically correct, but it makes a huge difference.

Thanks. That is what I did after the first time and I have gotten much more realistic numbers.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”