Anyone still playing this game?

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

Zeitgeist

Anyone still playing this game?

Post by Zeitgeist »

I figured I'd ask, as this forum is dead

is anyone still playing this game?

I'd hope so, its a classic
www.WW2F.com - The Definitive World War Two Message Board

showboat1

RE: Anyone still playing this game?

Post by showboat1 »

I am!  I've been having a blast all week.
SF3C B. B. New USS North Carolina BB-55 - Permission is granted to go ashore for the last shore leave. (1926-2003)
jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com

Post by jeffreysutro@jeffreysutro.com »

I'm still playing it on, what is for me, a regular basis.
All My Best,

Jeff Sutro
bushman777

Post by bushman777 »

I would like to play, but as they never fixed the sli graphic ctd issue, I am stuck [&:]. I did notice that they got rid of or cleared out all the support forum posts a couple of months or so ago, which didn't sit well with me as I was having and still having my issue with ctd [:@][:@].
michaelincolorado

Post by michaelincolorado »

Great game, not so great support. I, too, bought it and enjoy playing it. But as I said in another post, the support is lacking. Especially compared to the support from developers of BOA and FoF.

A patch was promised on 4/24 by end of week/April (and announcement of the new game) - not only no patch came out but no communication from Hussar to date on what is up. And now it is end of May. A shame, a real shame. I want to support you, Hussar, but you gotta hang in there and at least get close to the heightened bar of support your peers with BOA and AACW and FoF are doing.

I did notice that they got rid of or cleared out all the support forum posts a couple of months or so ago, which didn't sit well with me as I was having and still having my issue with ctd

Bushman777:

All the posts on the Support forum are still present. The forums are set by default to display only the most recent forums. In the case of the Support forum it seems to be just the last 30 days. There is a menu labled "Display topics from last:" part of the way down the page that allows you to select how far back you want to go as far as what forums you want displayed.

Having read over the thread on your problems, I can see why you're frustrated. Even after two months of trying, they still didn't get the problem solved. Perhaps the new patch will do the job.
All My Best,

Jeff Sutro
Gibbon

Post by Gibbon »

I think this company is dead...
McClellan asked, "What troops are those fighting in the Pike?"
Hooker replied, "[Brigadier] General Gibbon's brigade of Western men."
McClellan stated, "They must be made of iron."

I think this company is dead...

Gibbon:

That would explain why a company that is usually quite responsive and attentive to their customers has been silent for the last month. Do you have any specific information, or are you speculating? Of course, I hope you are wrong, since I very much like their games, but it wouldn't be the first time a game company has unexpectedly gone "belly up".
All My Best,

Jeff Sutro
HussarGames

Post by HussarGames »

We are not dead, but rather busy.

SLI CTD: The support forum is still there. We have reports that disabling SLI fixes the crash problems with SLI rigs.
The reason for this problem is that our graphics engine has trouble running on SLI. We cannot change the engine, that would be a LOT of work - at least 6 months! We told NVidia about the problem and they ignore us.

Simply switch off SLI and the game runs fine. We are sorry about this, but unfortunately there is not much we can do about it now.

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”