RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.0041

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding
nirvana

RE: RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.004

Post by nirvana »

Love the mod, makes the game really more polished.

HATE how you handled grenades and 2h weapons however.
Herrbear

RE: RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.0041

Post by Herrbear »

If I wanted to change the rank names, what file would I find them in. Thank you.
PhoenixD

RE: RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.0041

Post by PhoenixD »

resourcebundle.dat
Decepticons

Killing Loop?

Post by Decepticons »

I've been using your (very nice) mod for about three days now and recently ran into an issue where every time one of my guys goes down, they get killed. 7 of 7 people who have gone down over the last few missions have died. Am I experiencing an anomoly or is there a chance that the mod locks in "kill" mode?
PhoenixD

RE: Killing Loop?

Post by PhoenixD »

Probably just bad luck. I haven't seen any bug to that effect yet.
Nowheredan

Awesome mod

Post by Nowheredan »

Fantastic mod guys - I was getting ready to abandon this game in disgust at yet another bafflingly failed attempt to clone X-COM (seriously, it can't be THAT hard) when I found it, and now the gameplay is getting very close to making up for the graphics :). Nice save!

What are your plans for the next release? As in, what features are you planning to add and when can I get my hands on it?

Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Decepticons

I've been using your (very nice) mod for about three days now and recently ran into an issue where every time one of my guys goes down, they get killed. 7 of 7 people who have gone down over the last few missions have died. Am I experiencing an anomoly or is there a chance that the mod locks in "kill" mode?

That was one of the reasons I stopped using the mod, it seems far too 'fatal', nobody seems to end up just injured at all. I actually prefer the vanilla ET system regarding grunt casualties and replacements; it's more challenging as you progress, but doesn't leave you totally screwed having nothing but green troops as the difficulty of the missions gets harder - and has more of that 'my guys' feeling. When you lose a whole squad it really hurts, which really hikes up the tension during a desperate bid to 'flee' if the whole mission goes pear shaped - it's actually great game design.

Talking of which, is there any chance that the mod could include an installer to let you pick and choose what you want? The zoom in/out is great but most of the rest I don't want.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Try Bmans mod instead. You can pick what you want ingame.
Decepticons

Post by Decepticons »

Looks like it was just a run of bad luck.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

Does anyone know if this mod works with the new patch?
Nowheredan

Post by Nowheredan »

So is this mod dead? On hold? Merging with Bman/Frankenmod? Give us an update!
Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

dead, apparantly.  i'd merge what was useful into my mod, but nothing really useful is left that Bman and Mori has not already covered.  I'm really sortry, too, as this mod was the first mod I tried, and the first that got me exited about the game again.  

Return to “Mods and Tweaks”