well, its may

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Reggy

RE: well, its may

Post by Reggy »

For the record, I'm not asking them to hurry, just for some better intel.  I'm looking forward to a bug free product as well.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: golfbill

ALL YOU GUYS WITH THE LATEST & GREATEST! I RUN WIN 2K PRO AND ABOUT A YEAR AND ONE-HALF AGO I RAN 98 SE. I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME EVER SINCE IT CAME OUY. WE CAN WAIT A BIT MORE AND LET THEM GET VISTA FIGURED OUT. MAYBE I WILL BE RUNNING VISTA IN 10 YEARS OR SO!

Looks like your caps lock key needs to be the next thing you should update ...
golfbill

Post by golfbill »

OK MARC: LET NOT GET PERSONAL! ALL CAPS ARE EASIER FOR ME, BEING A POOR TYPIST AND ALL.[&o]
golfbill
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Reggy

I'm wondering if we are in fact days away as it seems that we have been days away for months!  I know we are "close," but are we at least close to providing a release date that is hard and fast????

While I understand your frustration, whenever I have mentioned "close" I was of the opinion we were nearing the go point. Unfortunately, something unexpected seems to creep up which requires a slight delay. From what I understand now, we are pretty much good to go, just waiting on the compiling and formalities.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Sequoia

Post by Sequoia »

Happy V.E. day!
paulsalayko

Post by paulsalayko »

Oh yea!!!! Happy V.E Day guys. Take that you stupid nazi's.

Semper Fi
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: golfbill

OK MARC: LET NOT GET PERSONAL! ALL CAPS ARE EASIER FOR ME, BEING A POOR TYPIST AND ALL.[&o]

Caps are considered "shouting" and impolite on forums and chats.
Chris Bisson

Post by Chris Bisson »

I see Matrix is releasing the "East front, West front" series of games again. Will there be anything different from my older versions? I mean other than operating systems? Thx.
What's with the negative waves?
Reggy

Post by Reggy »

While I understand your frustration, whenever I have mentioned "close" I was of the opinion we were nearing the go point. Unfortunately, something unexpected seems to creep up which requires a slight delay. From what I understand now, we are pretty much good to go, just waiting on the compiling and formalities.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Thanks Jason I will eagerly wait.
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: Platoon Crusher

I see Matrix is releasing the "East front, West front" series of games again. Will there be anything different from my older versions? I mean other than operating systems? Thx.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=318

There will be more info soon. But the features list already gives you an overview of the additions.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

ok from the look of it

- compatibility with major current os

-lots of new units/nations

-bugger all in terms of existing code bug fixes, improvements and new features :-/

cheers Chris
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
jamespcrowley

Post by jamespcrowley »

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant

ok from the look of it

- compatibility with major current os

-lots of new units/nations

-bugger all in terms of existing code bug fixes, improvements and new features :-/

cheers Chris

Lets hope there is a bit more to it than just more nations and units, nice as they may be.

A simple regurgitation of what is, lets face it, a very old gaming system, with more of the same added on, will not be enough IMO.
Cheers

Jim
The Saint

Post by The Saint »

Jason, David, or Marc,

At what price point will the Matrix Campaign Series be released?
Regards,

The Saint
Kung Karl

Post by Kung Karl »

ORIGINAL: The Saint

Jason, David, or Marc,

At what price point will the Matrix Campaign Series be released?

Purley a guess but I would say 39.99$ or 49.99$
Chris Bisson

Post by Chris Bisson »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=318

There will be more info soon. But the features list already gives you an overview of the additions.

Thx for the reply Marc. I am wondering if the Campaign generator is going to be re-worked at all. I hated re-organising my units before every battle and finding units from a single battalion spread out all over the map. Very unorganised deployment by the computer. Took a long time to set up as a result when you had a few divisions to sort out.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Thx for the reply Marc. I am wondering if the Campaign generator is going to be re-worked at all. I hated re-organising my units before every battle and finding units from a single battalion spread out all over the map. Very unorganised deployment by the computer. Took a long time to set up as a result when you had a few divisions to sort out.

I very much agree, and this will be looked at in a future patch, but will not be available for the initial release.

Although, according to John, the AI has been tweaked, most significant and major AI adjustments will be forthcoming in future patches.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

dogovich

Post by dogovich »

When I wrote the box info for David, the games hadn't been tested against Vista yet.  That was going to be done once the gold master was built.  So not wanting to say anything that wasn't yet true, I left Vista off of the OS section.  Now David Heath did say that the games would be tested before release so once we get the word we'll let you know how well it does using Vista.

Wyatt
Chris Bisson

Post by Chris Bisson »

I very much agree, and this will be looked at in a future patch, but will not be available for the initial release.

Although, according to John, the AI has been tweaked, most significant and major AI adjustments will be forthcoming in future patches.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Thx for the reply Jason. That's good news.
dogovich

Post by dogovich »

No.... we do intend for it to be compatible with Vista at this release.  But I haven't heard the results of the testing yet.
Bioman

Post by Bioman »

Campaign Series and VISTA

According to reports on the Blitzkrieg website the present campaign series games do not work under Vista. It seems that Vista sets all of the armour ranges to zero making the game unplayable. Unless some upgrades have been made to the programming I would not expect the Matrix version to work any better. Luckily I do not use Vista but I hope that for those people that do have it the Matrix version will work properly. If it does not there could be some major delays in releasing the game until the code is rewritten.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”