Black Powder Wars

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

cdbeck

RE: Black Powder Wars

Post by cdbeck »

ORIGINAL: robpost3
ahhh my old New York...how is she SoM...I miss Ballatos, Ollies Noodle House...have you been to the Cloisters yet?

Awesome! I actually will be going to Ollie's Noodle House tomorrow! Funny you should mention it! There is a big Medieval Convention for the university I teach for (Fordham University) at Lincoln Center and I will be right there to enjoy the wonder pan-Asian/American fusion cuisine!

Things are going well here, loud in my neck of the woods (Da' Bronx). Weather is good so I tend to hear every person's radio on the entire block (as they tend to think we should all hear their music).

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort
ahhh my old New York...how is she SoM...I miss Ballatos, Ollies Noodle House...have you been to the Cloisters yet?

Awesome! I actually will be going to Ollie's Noodle House tomorrow! Funny you should mention it! There is a big Medieval Convention for the university I teach for (Fordham University) at Lincoln Center and I will be right there to enjoy the wonder pan-Asian/American fusion cuisine!

Things are going well here, loud in my neck of the woods (Da' Bronx). Weather is good so I tend to hear every person's radio on the entire block (as they tend to think we should all hear their music).

SoM

Sounds like fun [:)] I am about 175 miles north of you, near Saratoga. Done with work for the week and getting ready to play my reasonably priced CC:CoI which I gladly bought (notice how I worked that in?) and relax until Monday.

I do love my Matrix games....
robpost3

Post by robpost3 »

WFUV had a great radio show in the early 80's staurday 10 pm to 11 am sunday-wow-. The Cloisters in the spring are also great: C train uptown to 190th then elevator to Ft Tryone Pk., Riverside park Apple and Cherry blossoms (nothing like DC but still purty), Tulips in battery park, Central Park Zoo (did they ever restore the Carousel...whoa gettin all soggy here...Spring is great in the City...

Attachments
cl63_12_T.jpg
cl63_12_T.jpg (2 KiB) Viewed 56 times
The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

robpost3

Post by robpost3 »

Sounds like fun I am about 175 miles north of you, near Saratoga. Done with work for the week and getting ready to play my reasonably priced CC:CoI which I gladly bought (notice how I worked that in?) and relax until Monday.
I love Saratoga!!!! I saw Rogers Waters do the Radio Kaos tour there at the oustide stadium....man that place is gorgeous...a lot of folks said it i just as nice as Red Rocks (though not as big)...The Race track is great there...
reasonably priced CC:CoI
[:D]yah back to thread...
The Yankee Motto:
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make do,
Or do without.
"God Help us, and God, come yourself.
Don't send Jesus, this is no place for children."

Monkeys Brain

Post by Monkeys Brain »

WFUV had a great radio show in the early 80's staurday 10 pm to 11 am sunday-wow-. The Cloisters in the spring are also great: C train uptown to 190th then elevator to Ft Tryone Pk., Riverside park Apple and Cherry blossoms (nothing like DC but still purty), Tulips in battery park, Central Park Zoo (did they ever restore the Carousel...whoa gettin all soggy here...Spring is great in the City...

Well they say that NYC is America on it's own [;)]

Hmmm would like to be 20 or so in NYC when The Clash played there at the Bonds etc...[;)]

The best things in America if we look it and there are really good things (so not just to speak about bad) is maybe that nothing is strange in USA [:D] I can say that I love that. And of course hard working culture.

Mario

Terl

Post by Terl »

Sounds like fun I am about 175 miles north of you, near Saratoga. Done with work for the week and getting ready to play my reasonably priced CC:CoI which I gladly bought (notice how I worked that in?) and relax until Monday.
I love Saratoga!!!! I saw Rogers Waters do the Radio Kaos tour there at the oustide stadium....man that place is gorgeous...a lot of folks said it i just as nice as Red Rocks (though not as big)...The Race track is great there...

I am barely ten minutes from the track [:)] and the preforming arts center. I got to see J Geils there years ago...dating myself. One of my favorites though, because they put on such a fun show, was Sha-na-na.

Won some good $ on a horse named Fort Riley once too. When I left the Army he was running in the race my first visit there. Paid 40 to 1. [:D]
Procrustes

Post by Procrustes »

ORIGINAL: Terl

I am barely ten minutes from the track [:)] and the preforming arts center. I got to see J Geils there years ago...dating myself. One of my favorites though, because they put on such a fun show, was Sha-na-na.

Won some good $ on a horse named Fort Riley once too. When I left the Army he was running in the race my first visit there. Paid 40 to 1. [:D]

I'm from around there, too. Lived in Albany for about a dozen years - saw countless great shows at SPAC (Saratoga Performing Arts Center). Neil Young always rocked. Saw the first Lollapalooza there, too. Still get back every now and then - my mom lives in Corinth and I have scattered other relatives across the northcountry. I never take more money to the track than I'm prepared to loose - so far I've always come home with empty pockets.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'm about an hour from you guys. We often head over to Saratoga - last time was for the Dance Flurry in February (my wife loves to dance and plays in a folk music group). Nice town, nice area. You have any wargaming groups over there?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I'm about an hour from you guys. We often head over to Saratoga - last time was for the Dance Flurry in February (my wife loves to dance and plays in a folk music group). Nice town, nice area. You have any wargaming groups over there?

I never really looked for groups. I was more involved when I was in the military. I pretty much play on my own on pc; no one really seems to do miniatures but then again I don't actively seek it out.

As for miniatures, I loved my Space Marines--spent hours painting ond working on them. I liked the smaller ones as you could have massive battles. My sons liked to play too but, alas, they are grown and I don't see them as much. The shops that carried a lot of this stuff (Battletech too) closed down.

Hentzau

Post by Hentzau »

I hope lempereur shows up in this thread yet! [;)] I'm so evil. lol
hughestd

Post by hughestd »

Yes! God bless you! BON is still one of my favorites. One of the best features of this game is the ability to move using the numeric keyboard. I have always found moving large numbers of units with a mouse very tedious by comparison. Hope the keyboard is an option!

Return to “General Discussion”