American Civil War

Birth of America is an American Revolutionary War/French and Indian War grand strategy title based on a simultaneous monthly turn style of play.

Moderator: MOD_BoA/AGEOD

Gibbon

American Civil War

Post by Gibbon »

They have released the game manual on their website.

Very interesting, it's much better than BoA manual IMHO.

But still no release date from them or from Matrix.

Link here

Note to MarkShot: They have set up a permanent link for patches. Good for you.
McClellan asked, "What troops are those fighting in the Pike?"
Hooker replied, "[Brigadier] General Gibbon's brigade of Western men."
McClellan stated, "They must be made of iron."
Hertston

RE: American Civil War

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Gibbon

But still no release date from them or from Matrix.

Do we know that Matrix will be selling it, then? I'd assumed from the deathly silence on the subject that that probably wasn't going to happen.
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

Go to the AGEOD forums, boys and girls, this game is going gold in the next few days (Korrigan indicates formal announcement on April 12).

I haven't been this excited since Cousin Maureen bought some Chap-Stik and learned how to yodel.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Mayenne

Post by Mayenne »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
Do we know that Matrix will be selling it, then? I'd assumed from the deathly silence on the subject that that probably wasn't going to happen.

On the other hand, we never heard about the BoA deal before Birth of America was actually distributed by Matrix.
I think AGEOD must be keen on keeping the direct download distribution monopoly for the first weeks. that would make sense...
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Mayenne

On the other hand, we never heard about the BoA deal before Birth of America was actually distributed by Matrix.
I think AGEOD must be keen on keeping the direct download distribution monopoly for the first weeks. that would make sense...

For them, if not Matrix! We will see shortly, no doubt.

BTW, can anybody confirm that AGEOD d/d sales operate in the same way as Matrix/Digital River; i.e you get a serial number e-mailed to you that will always enable you to install and patch the game? I'm another who doesn't do the online registration 'three-strikes-and-you're-out' thing, I'm afraid.
USS Yorktown

Post by USS Yorktown »

BTW, can anybody confirm that AGEOD d/d sales operate in the same way as Matrix/Digital River; i.e you get a serial number e-mailed to you that will always enable you to install and patch the game?

Yep, that's the way it works. If you give them your details, they can even give you back your serial if you've lost the mail with the serial... [8|]

NB: My advice is to copy the install file + the serial number on a CD. Much safer and you can take the game with you wherever you go.
Support independent developers!
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Mayenne
we never heard about the BoA deal before Birth of America was actually distributed by Matrix.
The problem as I see it is that AGEOD has to pay for distribution through Matrix (certainly understandable), but only make full profit when you order directly from AGEOD.

We can help by spreading the word about AGEOD and its excellent games with superlative customer support, so that they can live long and prosper without having to sell out to marketing whores...
And I carry on anyhow.
korrigan

Post by korrigan »

It's true that we have to pay to have BoA distributed through Matrix.

However, Matrix people are true professionnals, they have been doing a hell of a job and thanks to them some players have been able to enjoy Birth of America whereas they would perhaps have never heard about it otherwise. Thanks Matrix for that.

Moreover, they send regularly some reports on the sell, they provide a constant support to their customer companies. I tell you guys, there is no secret in Matrix success.

AGEOD and Matrix are partners, no need to oppose them. If you want to help us, just spread the word about our games, but marketing is part of the business.

Thanks,

Korrigan
AGEOD Team
Philthib

Post by Philthib »

American Civil War will be officially released today around 11:00 AM GMT. The sale platform is not finalized yet, although basically operational. Our partnership with Matrix on BOA is very satisfying for us and we do thank them for their work and efforts. We shall talk about ACw for sure.[:)]
Support Independent Developers

decaro

Post by decaro »

AGEOD can certainly do worse than Matrix; I bought my BoA at an Electronics Boutique courtesy of the Strategy First label. To date, SF hasn't got a game specific forum for BoA, and, for whatever reason, I rarely go to the AGEOD forum for BoA Q and As.

Matrix marketing = Matrix forums
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Seems a patch is imminent, but if anyone gets ACW tonight make sure you download the fix for the first tutorial which can be found in THIS thread at AGEOD. It will drive you up the wall if you don't!

Apart from that little hiccup, early days but this looks like an absolute cracker of a game. [:)]
FlyingElvis

Post by FlyingElvis »

Seems a patch is imminent, but if anyone gets ACW tonight make sure you download the fix for the first tutorial which can be found in THIS thread at AGEOD. It will drive you up the wall if you don't!

Apart from that little hiccup, early days but this looks like an absolute cracker of a game. [:)]
That tutorial fix is in the 1.00a patch which is now out.
chicago227

Post by chicago227 »

So it will come out through Matrix? My issue is I don't wanna pay VAT and how much wopuld be charged to my credit card from the euro?
pasternakski

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: chicago227

So it will come out through Matrix? My issue is I don't wanna pay VAT and how much wopuld be charged to my credit card from the euro?
If you are a non-EU customer, you are not charged VAT.

The price works out to about 45 bucks American.
And I carry on anyhow.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We're hoping to release it via our store in the future, yes - we're still discussing with AGEOD. However, you can also buy it directly from them right now (which I did personally for the digital download version, price was reasonable, no VAT). That also gives AGEOD the most direct income and of course it's the only place you _can_ buy it right now. Assuming we do release it in the future, the advantage of buying it here will be that it will benefit from our new physical process, meaning it will include a full color printed manual.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Pocus

Post by Pocus »

You definitively play fair Erik! I look forward for our second partnership. The one before the third ;)
AGEOD Team
korrigan

Post by korrigan »

Gentlemen, here is a new patch, mainly aimed at fixing the bugs spotted since friday. With things calming down on this aspect, you can expect AI upgrades soon now.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

================================================== ============================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.02 Readme
Thursday, April 26, 2007

This patch contains all changes since the start.
You can continue a saved game created before the patch. Most entry will apply, but not all.

Bugs Fixes
fixed: In the lower resolution supported (1024x768), message resizing were not working.
fixed: A lock-up in the supply distribution segment has been corrected.
fixed: Ships will no longuer suffer hits for moving in fair weather seas.
fixed: Replacements were not gained properly by many units types.
fixed: ships were sometime able to interdict the passage between 2 land regions without a river.
fixed: Divisions will now split properly to the last element.

User Interface
You have a new option to have the map focus on an enemy move during hosting (Options/Media window)
Units prevented from merging with others stacks will keep the option from turn to turn.
Clicking on Rail/River move will now recalculate their path.
The "Save Under a new name" procedure (ctrl-click on the save button) has been rewritten to prevent file locking.
A new document, the leaders file has been added to the docs folder of the game.
Remaining number of turns is displayed when you pass the mouse over the turn text.

Scenarios Additions and Changes
Some duplicates volunteers brigades removed.
Problem with sharpshooters having a cavalry name fixed.
The St Louis Massacre event has its loyalty change fixed.
General Lee should unfix correctly in the second part of 62, at the latest.

AI
AI considers better the entrench level of the enemy when judging when and where to attack.

Everything should work on your current game, except events which have already fired, as you can guess. For events who have not yet triggered, the game will dynamically use the modified ones.
Kudos to Pocus, this guy never sleeps...

Best regards,

Korrigan
AGEOD Team
Marc gto

Post by Marc gto »

can someone send me the lonk to down load the instructions?i'd like to read them before purchasing
thanks
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

chicago227

Post by chicago227 »

Thanks.  Anybody have a review?

Return to “Birth of America”