A LOT OF GENERALS AND NOT A LOT OF MEN

Post ALL Public Beta feedback here!

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

XLegion

A LOT OF GENERALS AND NOT A LOT OF MEN

Post by XLegion »

Now this could just be my inexperience with the game but by the Spring of 1862 as the Confederate commander I have one heck of a lot of generals in the game and not a lot of units!

Should I be building more camps or what? Presently I am averaging nearly one general for every unit on the game or is this what is supposed to occurr?

Erik Rutins

RE: A LOT OF GENERALS AND NOT A LOT OF MEN

Post by Erik Rutins »

Keep in mind there is the default setting and also "Fewer Generals" and "More Generals", depending on your preference.

I usually end up with approximately one general per container, so if this is what you're seeing, that's about right. If you have more than that, chances are you're building fewer new divisions/corps/armies than I am. Are you mustering, producing and occasionally conscripting?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Personally, I find the optimal setting is to click on neither "More Generals" nor "Fewer Generals" -- then you get just about the right number for your containers, but don't end up with a brigadier general for every single unit. You do need to raise more units, though -- it's far easier to get units than generals.

Also, keep in mind that you don't yet have the newest version of the patch (the one incorporating everyone's feedback), in which generals are more likely to die in combat. Right now, if you're primarily playing quick battles the herd of generals isn't getting thinned out.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Drex

Post by Drex »

Every brigade should have a general eventually then you could give every city a garrison general. Plenty of room for generals.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”