Double-Click

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Veers

Double-Click

Post by Veers »

Is anyone else unable to open TOAW via save files since they patched up?
Currently, when I try to open a save file (.sal, or .pbl) T3 opens up for a half second and then immediately crashes to desktop.
To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.
ralphtricky

RE: Double-Click

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Veers

Is anyone else unable to open TOAW via save files since they patched up?
Currently, when I try to open a save file (.sal, or .pbl) T3 opens up for a half second and then immediately crashes to desktop.
Yes, it will be fixed in the next patch.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Veers

Post by Veers »

Cool. Thanks Ralph. What caused the problem?
To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.
Telumar

Post by Telumar »

A stack overflow in the module EE:F8:66:B7:00:FG... [:D] Do you really want to know?
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

I took out the code that checked the registry to be used to find out the locaton of the TOAW installation. This was for the Beta people[:D] who wanted to run two completely isolated versions, I guess they don't trust me for some reason[8|]

When took that out, I found out that the code that I put in last year sometime that looked up the location the EXE was in was broken. Apparently, it was never hit.

Taking out code really isn't supposed to break things.

Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I'm planning to take a sea-invasion scenario I'm working on (Operation Torch), embark all units, run 1 turn and save.
Can I expect Elmer to continue the invasion, that is not leave the embarked units off-shore as floating ducks?
This may be a solution to force Elmer to do seaborne invasions properly, he's still a bit reluctant to embark all units.

Erik
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Erik Nygaard

I'm planning to take a sea-invasion scenario I'm working on (Operation Torch), embark all units, run 1 turn and save.
Can I expect Elmer to continue the invasion, that is not leave the embarked units off-shore as floating ducks?
This may be a solution to force Elmer to do seaborne invasions properly, he's still a bit reluctant to embark all units.

Erik
Elmer should. I think that if you plot out his moves leaving the second endpoint next to a shoreline, that he will do the right thing. Let me know if you have problems getting Elmer to do what you want.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Erik
Elmer should. I think that if you plot out his moves leaving the second endpoint next to a shoreline, that he will do the right thing. Let me know if you have problems getting Elmer to do what you want.

To clarify, should the second endpoint be placed on the deep-water hex, ie not on the land-hex?
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Erik

To clarify, should the second endpoint be placed on the deep-water hex, ie not on the land-hex?
That should work. If it doesn't, send me a .sal, and I'll play with it some more.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

Return to “TOAW III Support”