Question for those with CTD

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Deathtreader

Question for those with CTD

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi all,

How many of you experiencing CTD are using the generic mod enabler??
I'm asking because I've never had any CTD but have crashed twice since I started using it a few days ago. Could be coincidence.........but I notice that the enabler likes to create lots of .dll files all over the place.
Just curious.......

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Arjuna

RE: Question for those with CTD

Post by Arjuna »

What dll files?

Where?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

What dll files?

Where?

Hi,

I'm in Ottawa now (flew out of Vancouver yesterday) so I can't get at my home machine until I fly back this weekend. I'll check as soon as I get back. My home system is partitioned with COTA on "E" drive and I remember seeing it creating/changing a .dll under my Settings on "C" drive. Can't remember any other specifics.
Unfortunately my Gov't. issue laptop screams for help every time I try to install COTA or other games on it [:(] so I can't check it that way. [:(]

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hoplomachia

Post by Hoplomachia »

but I notice that the enabler likes to create lots of .dll files all over the place

Deathtreader,

I have never heard of the GME creating .dll files, so please elaborate on this.

In any case, you might want to deactivate Narvik 1940 using the GME and instead use the alternative zip-file to extract directly into your main COTA-folder.

Leonidas

jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I used GME for Lagos and no CTD's

I did not use GME for Narvik and CTD are common and stopped playing it )-:

So no relationship for me anyway.
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: Hoplomachia
but I notice that the enabler likes to create lots of .dll files all over the place

Deathtreader,

I have never heard of the GME creating .dll files, so please elaborate on this.

In any case, you might want to deactivate Narvik 1940 using the GME and instead use the alternative zip-file to extract directly into your main COTA-folder.

Hi all,

I guess you'll have to class all my comments as hearsay since I can't find a record of any changes or additions to .dll (not sure how to definitively look/verify) files as a result of installing this on my PC. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the GME but that doesn't seem to have reproduced the same series of activities the 1st time around did. So I've removed it again just to be cautious. With no intention to offend anyone....... I've not had a crash since.

Rob.[:)]

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”