Immersion Features

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Major Disaster

Immersion Features

Post by Major Disaster »

As I understand it, BFTB will provide several immersion features such as showing photos of equipment. I was wondering if it will also show photos of the commanders as part of their bio? [&o]
Major Disaster

RE: Immersion Features

Post by Major Disaster »

Also, I was thinking that it would be cool if when one right clicks on a peice of terrain and calls up the terrain box that photos could be linked to that terrain object polygon (either by type, such as town or instance, or by insatnce such as Bastone..which would overide the type). Then the map designer could  include a dozen or two photos that are included as part of the map graphics and that could be linked to objects on the map like woods, mountains, towns so if one right clicked on a instance photo such as Bastone that would call up the Bastone picture but if one right clicked on a generic town then a generic town picture would appear. This could be a great area for modding by user as well. I would think that it would add to the immersion value of the game and thus perhaps broaden its appeal.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Nice ideas.

TT3272 - UI - Cmdr Tab - Include photo
TT3274 - UI - MM - Terrain popup - Include Photo for terrain type

There on the wishlist, but don't know when we'll get top them.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Major Disaster

Post by Major Disaster »

Cool! [:)]
Major Disaster

Post by Major Disaster »

BTW, I think the unit emblem (eagle, lightening bolt, etc) could also be fit along with the commander picture in the corner or beside it.

Return to “Command Ops Series”