DodSwap

Close Combat - Cross of Iron is based on Atomic Games award Winning Close Combat Series. Close Combat is a real time game were you take command of German or Soviet squads on the Eastern Front during World War II. This version is being developed by CSO Simtek and will include many new features and improvements.
mark24

DodSwap

Post by mark24 »

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the game & can't open ModSwap. Either from the command centre menu, or start/cc3/modswap as per the manual. It doesn't seem to be there.

Anyone?

Mark
mark24

RE: DodSwap

Post by mark24 »

Sorry, that should be modswap in the title.

Proofreading is my friend...
Terl

Post by Terl »

I had the same problem. There are a few install routines when you install this game. It installs the game, then Java VM and .net (if you asked for them) then the command center. I missed the command center part with all the other installs and the restart from installing JVM and .net.

Just go here: C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Support\CloseCombatCC.exe and run the exe shown (path is if you used default during installation). This will install the command center and modswap will work.
mark24

Post by mark24 »

Terl,

Thanks, & you're right, I buggered the install up at the VM stage.

Mark
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: mark24

Terl,

Thanks, & you're right, I buggered the install up at the VM stage.

Mark

So did I, that is how I knew how to fix it [:D]
Beeblebrox

Post by Beeblebrox »

Memo to test team... try and bugger up the install routine more in future... [:-]

[:D]
Comrade_Blabsky

How I bu...er..uh... fouled it up

Post by Comrade_Blabsky »

W2k os.

First install got the "oleatdll32 in use" message, and then something about it being installed on a reboot.

I was of course too impatient, so after rebooting started the game and it worked. Didn't try the mod swap or BHQ for a day. When those didn't work, I just went back to playing the game and then reinstalled a couple days later.

I didn't have NetFramework so installed that, reinstalled game (there was a repair sequence in there somewhere), and good to go.
Nothing can defeat the will of the People.

Return to “Close Combat - Cross of Iron”