Windows Vista support

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Painless

Windows Vista support

Post by Painless »

Can anyone advise if there is any intention to provide MS Vista support for Cross of Iron?

Has anyone tried running the program on a Vista OS machine?

Thanks.
Beeblebrox

RE: Windows Vista support

Post by Beeblebrox »

That is being looked at at the moment, and we will let you (all) know what the result is.  We expect it to work ok.
Painless

Post by Painless »

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Anew

Post by Anew »

I just posted this over at the CSO-forums:
I purchased and downloaded CoI from Matrix. After installing on Vista Ultimate RC1 (the open beta) and clicking on the big "Play CoI" star, Windows informs me that "Close Combat: Cross of Iron has stopped working".

Any reason why CoI shouldn't work with Vista? RC1?

I've been going through periodic and painful CC-withdrawals since 2004 - I need a fix!
Beeblebrox

Post by Beeblebrox »

And got a similar reply from me... [;)]
Anew

Post by Anew »

Beeblebrox responded on the CSO-forums, bur I figure more people are going to read it here (??):
ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

You are on point! It's hard to give you an answer right away. We are looking at this issue, and will let everyone know asap.

(Is there no compatibility mode type property? - just blindly guessing as I have never used Vista, though the reports seem to indicate that if it runs on XP, it should run on Vista?).

I tried setting CC3.exe to WinXP SP2 compatibility mode. This apparently gets me one step further, and I get the message "CC3Res.exe has stopped working" - putting CC3Res.exe into WinXP compatibility mode does not get me any further. It still bombs out with the same error message.
Sham_13

Post by Sham_13 »

I got it working on Home Premium (64bit) by setting it to 98/me with visual themes disabled
Anew

Post by Anew »

You da man, Sham_13!

That did the trick for me as well. (on 32bit)

I also have to let CC3.exe run with administrator priviliges, or the game thinks there's something wrong with my registration key.

CC3Res.exe still goes boom in the background, but for some reason that doesn't seem to matter.
pahom

Post by pahom »

Running this game on Vista 64 without any problems. Didn't even need to use compatibility mode.
Bossy573

Post by Bossy573 »

ORIGINAL: Sham_13

I got it working on Home Premium (64bit) by setting it to 98/me with visual themes disabled

This did the trick for me as well. Was having no luck whatsoever until I browsed this forum and changed the settings.

Many thanks!

Return to “Cross of Iron Support”