My Super Bowl Boycott

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

KG Erwin

My Super Bowl Boycott

Post by KG Erwin »

As much as love football, this game doesn't interest me in the slightest. My reasoning is explained on another football thread I wrote.

My apologies to fans of da Bears & the Colts, and I hope it's a good game. However, the sad truth is that the most interesting part will probably be the commercials. No thanks. [:'(]

Hertston

RE: My Super Bowl Boycott

Post by Hertston »

Your loss.  Cracking first half.
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Yeah this is a great super bowl game, it's raining cats and dogs, lotsa turnovers....Grossman can't hold onto the ball....Colts are gonna win! YAY! haha
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Zap

Post by Zap »

Grossman has lost the game for the Bears, all by himself[:@]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Yup, he suks in the rain for sure. He's just one of those QB's that the rest of the team makes look good on a given Sunday, but, he's not really quality QB material like a Peyton or Farve or Brady. Saint's would have given Colts a better game I think.

EDIT: COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN.....just as I predicted. ;) haha Actually no I didn't I predicted Bears and San Diego....San Diego choked and shoulda beat NE. Then they would have beaten the Colts and made the playoffs....I think someone got paid to shave points and lose the game there. lol

I'M GOIN TO DISNEYLAND!!...In Tampa or is it Orlando Fla this year? haha
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Poolmick

Post by Poolmick »

Congrats to the Colts.

I was really hoping that my Bears could win. The Defence just could not get off the field. why were they giving 10 yrd cushions?  drove me nuts.

Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

ORIGINAL: Zap

The Bears defense and o-line helped him a great deal.

The better team won in the end.

Jaguars 44, Super Bowl Chumps 17. ;)
[center]Image[/center]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Just wait till next year....my Cowboys will be there and take it all in 2008. :) Anyone gonna watch the Pro-Bowl? That's one game I've just never been interested in. It's meaningless except for financial gain for the football association. Well, that's how I feel about it anyways. I'm ready for BASEBALL now.....Man two months of nothing but Basketball and Tennis and Bowling on tv now....ugggggghhh

Paul Vebber

Post by Paul Vebber »

Matrix Fantasy Baseball 2007 is coming...stay tuned!
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

I want to hit him in the face.
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

The Bears defense and o-line helped him a great deal.

Not so much the defense, although they were not as strong as in the rest of the season.

The snaps sucked big time too.

Altogether though, yes it was a team effort to not win the bowl by Chicago [;)]
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I won enough money in the office pool to buy two new games!  [:)][:)]
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Lets get it straight..

Grossman didn't lose the game on his own anymore than Manning won it all by himself.

Football is a team sport.Last year Roethilsberger played poorly enough to lose the game..yet other players played well enough to win.The only reason why Elway finally won a Super Bowl was because there was a running back named Davis and a dominating O-Line.

Grossman didn't perform..but by extension neither did any of his team mates.

52 yard run,and kickoff return,aside..name one bears player that excelled or one big play?

The Bears lost the game as a team..just like the Colts won it as one.
"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

Looking forward to next season. One more shot for Favre, records to be set, Hall of Fame in a lock. One of the best the Pack ever had. However, Bart Starr got two Super Bowl victories, and three straight old NFL championships (1965-67). Brett has one Super Bowl and two NFC championships.

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

I want to hit him in the face.

LMFAO [:D][:'(][:'(][:D]

Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: Maliki

Lets get it straight..

Grossman didn't lose the game on his own anymore than Manning won it all by himself.

Football is a team sport.Last year Roethilsberger played poorly enough to lose the game..yet other players played well enough to win.The only reason why Elway finally won a Super Bowl was because there was a running back named Davis and a dominating O-Line.

52 yard run,and kickoff return,aside..name one bears player that excelled or one big play?

True, they did not perform as a team. But Grossman really stood out in the 4th quarter. He was not able to grasp the chances the Colts (and his own defense, that had a few bright moments) gave him.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

ORIGINAL: Maliki

Lets get it straight..

True, they did not perform as a team. But Grossman really stood out in the 4th quarter. He was not able to grasp the chances the Colts (and his own defense, that had a few bright moments) gave him.

I just have fits when people blame the QB for a loss.They are one of twelve men on the field..and 1/3rd of the total game.Offense/Defense/Special teams.

Grossman sucked in the fourth but great teams overcome one individuals bad play by making plays of their own.Did Grossman allow 3 Vinaterri field goals.Did he allow a wide open reciever to score a TD on blown coverage?

Quit blaming one man(not you)and blame the team as a whole.
"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Paul Vebber

Matrix Fantasy Baseball 2007 is coming...stay tuned!

How am I supposed to find time to play fantasy baseball when ALL of my time is now spent playing War in the Pacific? [:D]

Mike - USS America - StanleyCupChamps - Matrix Fantasy Football league champion - new proud owner of WitP ... and loving it! [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Knuckles_85

Post by Knuckles_85 »

It also didn't help that Des Clark dropped a big fourth down pass. Or the fact Muhammed never turned around on that first pick. Or the fact the D couldn't get off the field so the offense could get some rhythmn. People need to give Rex a break. This is his first year as a starter. He's not Cade McNown for god's sake.
Me: God that guy is annoying

Co-worker: What would Jesus do?

Me: I don't know set him on fire and send him to hell?
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

ORIGINAL: Knuckles_85

It also didn't help that Des Clark dropped a big fourth down pass. Or the fact Muhammed never turned around on that first pick. Or the fact the D couldn't get off the field so the offense could get some rhythmn. People need to give Rex a break. This is his first year as a starter. He's not Cade McNown for god's sake.

The worst that could besaid of Grossman...He didn't win the game for Chicago.

Return to “General Discussion”