Screenshots? Help please! :)

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

mikemcmann

Screenshots? Help please! :)

Post by mikemcmann »

Can someone explain to me how to take screenshots and then insert them in the forum for an AAR?

Thanks much!

Mike
GKar

RE: Screenshots? Help please! :)

Post by GKar »

You can either use a special screenshot program (just google for one) or use the "Print" button on the keyboard to place a screenshot in the Windows clipboard. From there you can paste it to a graphics program of your choice (e.g. Paint). Don't forget to convert it to a format like .jpg before uploading it, the standard .bmp ones are too big. [;)]
GKar

Post by GKar »

Oh, and to insert it in a posting use the upload function that is available when you use the "post reply" button (I don't think it is possible using the "fast reply" box).
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

1) Press the key "Print Screen"
2) Open your normal paint program (Paint if need be)
3) Ctrl-v to insert the picture you just did a print screen off.
4) Crop the parts you might not need.
5) Save the picture as jpeg.
6) Start posting (do not use fast reply)
7) Look below and see: "Click here to upload! Embed picture in post"
8) Check "Embed ..."
9) Click on "Click here..."
10) Upload the picture
mikemcmann

Post by mikemcmann »

Wow thanks guys!

Great step by step answer. Much appreciated from the "less than computer savvy" me....

:)

Mike
GKar

Post by GKar »

Oh, I see. My explanation was owned by Jan. [&o] [:D]
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

Its an old explanation I made back in the WaW days so I just had to do a search for it - not redo the entire thing.
Enjoy ... and now post that screen shot!
JagdFlanker

Post by JagdFlanker »

ScreenShotAssistant is free and amazing for screenshots - it puts a jpg on your desktop (or wherever) every time you press prntscrn so you don't have to go back and forth cutting and pasting. make sure you turn it off before editing in paint because it will make a new screenshot every time you try to cut and paste!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/screenassist/
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

ORIGINAL: Flanker Leader

ScreenShotAssistant is free and amazing for screenshots - it puts a jpg on your desktop (or wherever) every time you press prntscrn so you don't have to go back and forth cutting and pasting. make sure you turn it off before editing in paint because it will make a new screenshot every time you try to cut and paste!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/screenassist/

Actually it makes sense to use tools like ScreenShotAssistant with AWD, because when playing full screen game does not tolerate Alt-Tab, thus it requires to exit the game for every Print Src + Ctrl-V.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
GKar

Post by GKar »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

because when playing full screen game does not tolerate Alt-Tab, thus it requires to exit the game for every Print Src + Ctrl-V.
Yes, but you can use the windowed mode instead. It may take a little time to get used to it, but it's worth it in my opinion.
mikemcmann

Post by mikemcmann »

Downloaded ScreenShot Assistant and it rocks!  I can now do those professional looking shots that everyone else does!  WOOOHOO!

Thanks for the info!

More to follow as my opponents send turns! ;)  (hint..hint)

Later

MIke

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”