Great game to bad

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

redeck

Great game to bad

Post by redeck »

This is a great game, fun and easy to play for war game beginners and vets alike. Its t bad that by this forum it desnt seem to be getting talked about much.

Are there any other forums for For Liberty? has there been any mods for the gameout there?

thanks to the developers for a gra game

dave
thanks,
Dave
CptHowdy

RE: Great game to bad

Post by CptHowdy »

true redeck but if you go to a games forums that are very active you will find that most posts are complaining about something. so either this game is very good like several posters here have said it is or it is so bad that complaining wouldnt matter. i have to go with the first. it is a good game, it is easy to jump right in without having to read a 300 page manual where 150 of it explains supply. also no need to take notes while playing or run spreadsheets, i do that at school and work, i play games to have fun!
AlvinS

Post by AlvinS »

Most of us are too busy playing to post, but I do know how you feel. I stop by each day to see whats new, but then go back to playing. This is very easy to get into, but difficult to master.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
Jakerson

Post by Jakerson »

Yeah game is very well designed and its fun to play and game engine simulates Independence type of conflict very well. There is really feeling of making choices between various strategies in the game engine than just moving armies and hoping best.

After you get used to scenarios it’s really fast making turns even in full campaigns witch is really good as too many war games that simulate large campaign overwhelm player with micromanagement but not in this game.

It’s sad that there is not more activity than this. This game would deserve more as the game is cheaper than full priced game its good count for money spend on it.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Keeep an eye out for my review at Xtreme-gamer.com. Badger the admin for being slow to get it up.
Jim Cobb
jim pfleck

Post by jim pfleck »

I think this is a great game. I have mostly played the Hungarian War of Independence and have only dabbled with the American Revolution. I have enjoyed trying different strategies with the Hungarians and the Austrians.

Soon I will get back to my side of the pond and try and evict the Brits.

The game is not perfect and I rarely play the tactical battles but I think it was money well spent. Eventually, I would like to PBEM it.

mmccot

Post by mmccot »

Considering picking up this title. Only thing holding me back is some guys don't like the tactical battles. Wondering why that might be. I had the demo and it looked good to me. Is it challenging enough?

On a side note: Influence points. How do they work in the game. (don't remember that part).

I have BoA,- looking for something to compliment it in more of a tactical way.

Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Influence points allow you to enhance many things like training, recruiting and raising money. It also lets you do things like spread false rumors, etc.

Tac battles are simple compared to dedicated tactical games of the period. However, I feel they fit well into the overall play of the game; they don't absorb so much time that you wind up feeling like you are playing two distinct games. Also, a player may do better than the auto AI on critical battles.
Jim Cobb
187204jim

Post by 187204jim »

What a surprise this is.
The game is quite superb.
I am by no means a newbie when it comes to computer gaming having tried everything from Wip to Medievil TW2 (to pick two extremes[;)] but this has really caught my imagination.
I am about halfway through the first 1775-1776 scenario at the moment as the honourable British trying to keep civilisation going in the colonies[:)].

General Gage is performing heroically against repeated assaults from Gen Lincolns boys and holding Providence and I am learning as I go.Love the way the commanders and individul units really start to develop their own personalities.The Loyal subjects of the Pensylvania Militia in particular having a place dear to me!!

I will start the full campaign soon as the Brits and see if my homeland can improve on history!!

Highly recommended game with lots of nuances...............Try it!
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for Good men to do nothing
cj1313

Post by cj1313 »

Jim you oppressive TORY enslaver. I guess I should have to pay a tax on this coorespondence to your Customs House in Boston. I shall see you on the GREEN with my rifeled musket in hand and your most fancy dressed soldier in my sights! :) Great game. I'm 12/76 in campaign and I'm winning the Tactical battles but need the Germans to rain my boys to drive home their bayonets.

No way IMO for a Human vs Human here in early game as a person would drive his well trained troops though Philly by 1777. I will not require Louis XIV to bail me out, though I do need his navy and weapons aide.

Great game, can't wait to try to launch the brits on Washington.

For the devs, how about a little French and Indian war added to this title alla BOA. Engie would handle fine with a new map for western forts. Just a thought. Maybe tag a price for download of say 14.95$ or less :)
PGII
187204jim

Post by 187204jim »

cj1313................... Aw shucks...............you dont really mean that "enslaver" bit surely [;)] As for the tax, we pay tax on everything but breathing at the moment so a small contribution to His Majesty's wig fund didnt seem outrageous.................

I actually really enjoy the tactical battles despite what some have said............the sight of a chain reaction enemy collapse in a very tight fight is a particular highlight.
Bi the way, imagine the French undermining British military efforts....................................... hardly novel [&:]

187204jim

Post by 187204jim »

Well guys,
First scenario attempted and I came away with an honourable draw with the colonies still under British control but on a looser reign!!
Overall I won slightly more battles and caused many more casualties and territory controlled was exactly even on points at the end.
I made loads of mistakes and my indian war in particular was spectacularly unsuccessful [:)]
On the other hand, until the buffoon fell of his horse and put himself out of action for 8 months in 1776,General Gage performed surprisingly well around Boston.I was particularly grateful for the Kings German troops arriving in 1776.Nice quality and numbers.
I am now uncertain whether to take on the main campaign or try the rebels out first...............I have to say this game has really hit a chord with me.Loving it.

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”