PBEM Question

Hussar Games "For Liberty!" is a turn based game of the American Revolution and the Rakoczi Independence War. Command the armies of the newly born United States of America against Britain or the ill-equipped Hungarian rebels against mighty Austria. 1848 is a turn base game on the Hungarian rebellion against Austria in 1848-49.

Moderator: HussarGames

elxaime

PBEM Question

Post by elxaime »

Hi -

Just got the game and was going to start the American Revolution campaign as PBEM. My question is this:

We wanted to use auto-resolve for the battles, since otherwise it will take forever to play this out doing each battle on the tactical map. I noticed that once you boot the game, each hex with units in it has a toggle as to whether you want to have those units resolve the battles on the tactical map or not, and checking further into the rules it seems that the battles only resolve automatically if both sides have tactical battle toggled to the OFF position. So far so good.

But the game doesn't seem to have a global hotkey or function that would allow you to set all units to OFF for tactical battles. Instead, it seems you have to do this manually for each unit stack and, I assume, also for new reinforcements coming into a empty town hex. Is this correct?

Furthermore, it then seems that on the first turn of the campaign the Americans better not attack anyone (leaving aside whether this is wise strategy or not, but just for the sake of argument lets assume they want to attack the first turn) since, even if the Americans have tactical battle toggled OFF, the British don't, since the game seems to have a default setting of ON and the British haven't yet taken their turn so they can't turn it off manually?

So, am I understanding all the game functions correctly here? You have to toggle each occupied hex to OFF manually, and on the first turn as the Americans, if you don't want to tactically resolve the battles, you best not attack anyone and wait instead for the British player to manually toggle all his units to OFF?

Thanks in advance if anyone can comment. It seems to me it would be nice if the game had a global tactical battles OFF function instead of making you do it for each hex of units.
JVJ
elxaime

RE: PBEM Question

Post by elxaime »

nm - I think I figured it out...I was wrong. [8|]

The units are all set to auto-resolve by default.
JVJ

Return to “For Liberty! & 1848”