Dambusters Remake in the Works

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Brady

Dambusters Remake in the Works

Post by Brady »

Just read an article in "Aircraft Illustrated", that notes that Universal is making a New dambusters Movie...20Million to be spent on it.

Link:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comm ... yid=359197
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Hertston

RE: Dambusters Remake in the Works

Post by Hertston »

And which USAAF B-17 squadron will be dropping the bombs, I wonder! [:D]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

And which USAAF B-17 squadron will be dropping the bombs, I wonder! [:D]

Bah...what a cynic. The 17 just wouldn't look right. For historical fealty they are using twin-tailed B-24's.
Brady

Post by Brady »

My gues is that with the curent state of "CGI" they will look just like the real thing, in fact I bet were in for the one of the best looking WW2 flicks in some time.
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

ORIGINAL: Hertston

And which USAAF B-17 squadron will be dropping the bombs, I wonder! [:D]
Had to chuckle at this. Hollywood does have this "thing" with the B-17. They think it was the only bomber ever made. My Dad was a bombardier in a B-24 (The Silver Witch) and always got pissed off because the B-17 got all the glory.

Glad to hear they are going to use some CGI in this upcoming movie. The aircraft renditions in the current Dogfight series on the History channel look pretty good. It always ruins things for me when they use a stand-in that looks nothing like the original. Brings to mind the "Panzers" in Battle of the Bulge an the "Messerschmidts" in Von Ryan's Express. The models in the original Damn Busters and the Mosquitoe models in 633 Squadron look better than using a B-24 for a Lancaster.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Brady

Post by Brady »

Thier are also a few Flying lancasters around so they may just use a real one or two to help make the film...
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

I hear that they are not using Gibson's dog due to PC.[8|]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

I hear that they are not using Gibson's dog due to PC.[8|]

Not having a dog at all or not having a dog named N*gger?
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Neilster

Post by Neilster »

From memory they are going to build a bunch of mock-up Lancasters for some scenes and use CGI (and I suppose warbird Lancs) for others. Peter Jackson is a British WW2 history buff so he's unlikely to balls this up.

"This is one of the most remarkable true stories to come out of World War II," stated Jackson. "When Michael Anderson made his thrilling version of this story in 1955, many details of the dams raid were still a closely guarded secret. It has since been declassified by the British Government, making the dynamics of the story and the people involved even more intriguing. That, combined with our ability to harness state-of-the-art computer generated visual effects, will enable us to bring the events of these desperate days of 1943 to life in a very visceral way. This is an astonishing story that continues to be revered in British Commonwealth history, and our hope is to make their exploits known to more of the world and extend their legacy to a generation that might not otherwise recognize their inspiration and sacrifice."

"Peter Jackson is the ideal producer for a remake of 'Dambusters,'” said Sir David Frost. "Not only because of his film-making genius, but also because of his aeronautical expertise and his unique understanding of the human pressures wrought by war."

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

From memory they are going to build a bunch of mock-up Lancasters for some scenes and use CGI (and I suppose warbird Lancs) for others. Peter Jackson is a British WW2 history buff so he's unlikely to balls this up.

"This is one of the most remarkable true stories to come out of World War II," stated Jackson. "When Michael Anderson made his thrilling version of this story in 1955, many details of the dams raid were still a closely guarded secret. It has since been declassified by the British Government, making the dynamics of the story and the people involved even more intriguing. That, combined with our ability to harness state-of-the-art computer generated visual effects, will enable us to bring the events of these desperate days of 1943 to life in a very visceral way. This is an astonishing story that continues to be revered in British Commonwealth history, and our hope is to make their exploits known to more of the world and extend their legacy to a generation that might not otherwise recognize their inspiration and sacrifice."

"Peter Jackson is the ideal producer for a remake of 'Dambusters,'” said Sir David Frost. "Not only because of his film-making genius, but also because of his aeronautical expertise and his unique understanding of the human pressures wrought by war."

Cheers, Neilster

That does sound exciting!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Oops... Peter Jackson is casting Jack Black in the lead role [:D][:D][:D]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Are you serious !!!!! [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Are you serious !!!!! [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

Gee, I sincerely hope NOT! [:D]

Though Peter DID use him in King Kong.... hmmmm.....
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Return to “General Discussion”