'Lost Victories' Mod

Discuss likes and dislikes, get help and talk about MC tactics, AAR's, etc

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Alby

'Lost Victories' Mod

Post by Alby »

I created a Mod using the V7.0 oobs that were used for the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories"
I also added the newer Enhanced Graphics and terrain files and The Enhanced 8.403 Mech.exe.
I, of course could not fully test this out as I would have had to play the entire Mega campaign, but I did try it out to see if it installs and everything looked okay in at least the first battle, plus i glanced over the encylcopedia.
I did notice the version 7.0 oobs have a PZIII M as an amphib tank...
[&:]
this is set up to install using modswap and should most likely only be used for playing "Lost Victories"

you can find it here
http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12136

blueduck

RE: 'Lost Victories' Mod

Post by blueduck »

If I am already half way through Lost Victories can I still use this mod or do I have to start again from the beginning.
Alby

Post by Alby »

I would do it in-between missions, as opposed to during a battle

roth

Post by roth »

Alby --

I have SPWAW Generals Edition, which claims that it has v. 8.403 of SPWAW. The next (first) MegaCampaign I want to play is Lost Victories, but I also want the capability to play single battles or other campaigns using the Enhanced Mod. Eventually, I would also like to delve into the other Megas, but that's probably a long way off.

Until you created the LV mod, my plan was to:
1) Move the MC folders to another directory and uninstall the Generals Edition
2) Install SPWAW v. 8.2 (or whatever), and then patch it up sequentially, through 8.3, 8.4, 8.403 and Enhanced using ModSwapper
3) Move the MC folders back into the default directory

My thinking was that I could play everything but the MCs using Enhanced, and then remove the patches, as necessary, back to 8.4 or 8.3 to play the MCs.

With the Mod you've provided here, I assume that I can leave my current install of Generals Edition 8.403 as is, but use ModSwapper to add either your LV mod or Enhanced. Then later I can use ModSwapper to switch back and forth between your LV Mod and Enhanced depending on what I want to play. Is this correct? Is there a better way to do this? I only have a 60GB hard-drive, much of which is spoken for, so I'd like to hold multiple installs of a single game to a minimum.

Thanks
MR
Alby

Post by Alby »

yes thats exactly right...thats the beauty of Modswap...
[:)]

roth

Post by roth »

Alby --

Please forgive my ignorance. I used the link you provided to your LV Mod for 8.403 (and also your Desert Fox Mod.) The link takes me to the SPWAW Depot forum, but I can't find the link to download the LV Mod -- just your announcement of it. Once I'm in the SPWAW depot, how do I get to the link to download your Mod.

Another question, this one regarding the Enhanced Mod. Does the latest version, which I've downloaded, include Lahtinen's additional graphics? If not, where in the Depot can I find the link to download this? All I see is discussion of it.

Similarly, did you incorporate any of the more recent sound mods in Enhanced? I'm thinking of the MG-42, but also some of the others. I was able to download some of them from links I found in the forum, but am not sure whether they're necessary if I'm using Enhanced. If they are not included in Enhanced, would it be wisest to install them first on the basic 8.403, so that they would become the default sounds for both the Enhanced Mod and 8.403 with your LV mod, or does the order of installation even matter with ModSwapper?

Sorry to be a bother, but I appreciate your help.

Thanks
MR
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: roth

Alby --

Please forgive my ignorance. I used the link you provided to your LV Mod for 8.403 (and also your Desert Fox Mod.) The link takes me to the SPWAW Depot forum, but I can't find the link to download the LV Mod -- just your announcement of it. Once I'm in the SPWAW depot, how do I get to the link to download your Mod.

I believe you have to be "logged in" to actually see the files.

Another question, this one regarding the Enhanced Mod. Does the latest version, which I've downloaded, include Lahtinen's additional graphics? If not, where in the Depot can I find the link to download this? All I see is discussion of it.

No it doesnt, they are found in the "Enhanced forum" at the Depot but once again, you have to be logged in to see files

Similarly, did you incorporate any of the more recent sound mods in Enhanced? I'm thinking of the MG-42, but also some of the others. I was able to download some of them from links I found in the forum, but am not sure whether they're necessary if I'm using Enhanced. If they are not included in Enhanced, would it be wisest to install them first on the basic 8.403, so that they would become the default sounds for both the Enhanced Mod and 8.403 with your LV mod, or does the order of installation even matter with ModSwapper?

Sorry to be a bother, but I appreciate your help.

Thanks

No bother some of those soundfs at the Depot will replace the sounds in Enhanced, others will not...should be instructions there where the sound files are at.
[:)]

jcanuck

Post by jcanuck »

Alby- I downloaded LV mod and unzipped to Mods, where it is in a separare folder. However modswapper won't install it.
jcanuck

Post by jcanuck »

I unzipped the LV mod to thr Mods folder where it is in a separate folder. I am currently playing enhanced DV. But Modswapper won't install the LV mod. Should I first open the new folder?[&o]
ORIGINAL: Alby

I created a Mod using the V7.0 oobs that were used for the Mega Campaign "Lost Victories"
I also added the newer Enhanced Graphics and terrain files and The Enhanced 8.403 Mech.exe.
I, of course could not fully test this out as I would have had to play the entire Mega campaign, but I did try it out to see if it installs and everything looked okay in at least the first battle, plus i glanced over the encylcopedia.
I did notice the version 7.0 oobs have a PZIII M as an amphib tank...
[&:]
this is set up to install using modswap and should most likely only be used for playing "Lost Victories"

you can find it here
http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12136
chief

Cancel

Post by chief »

DUMP DUMP
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

ORIGINAL: jcanuck

Alby- I downloaded LV mod and unzipped to Mods, where it is in a separare folder. However modswapper won't install it.

Take it "out" of the separate folder. Make sure the Mod file is in the MODS folder itself.
ImageImage

Return to “Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW”