1.2.26 Beta Update Available

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Erik Rutins

1.2.26 Beta Update Available

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

A problem has been reported with 1.2.25 that can cause a crash due to levies. 1.2.26 fixes this problem.

You can now download v1.2.26 from our Members' Club as long as you have registered your copy of Crown of Glory. Click on the "MEMBERS" link in the top navigation bar and look under Registered Downloads once you've logged in.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
morvael

RE: 1.2.26 Beta Update Available

Post by morvael »

Really great news, but I cannot access it since Matrix web page says my registration number is not valid (or in use). I have purchased the game here in Poland and neither Matrix nor the polish distributor answered my emails.

Any help?
Chablovski

Post by Chablovski »

Hello Everybody [:)]

I'm in exactly the same (!) situation like morvael - and (as I know since we talked about
it) - we (me and morvael) have THE SAME (?!!) registration number in our games (we
both bougt our COG's in Warsaw, Poland, but in different markets and marvael bought about one month earlier than I)... [&:]

Matrix web page said me (yesterday), that my number is in use... Curious, very curious.

So is it really MY number (that inserted in CD-package with game) - or, maybe, ONLY
ONE number for ALL Polish buyers of this game ???... Bizarre...

As I see no one has answered to morvael - WHY ?

Xerxes
hotrod1525

Post by hotrod1525 »

I also bought a game at a good price off of e-bay I assumed from a bored user.  I live in Colorado, USA. The serial number is also in use already.  So its not Poland that is having problems.  I would like to have the upgrade, but cannot become a member.  Love the game, but would not like to buy it again.  Surely something can be done or at least a definite no instead of silence? 
morvael

Post by morvael »

Your problem may be caused by the previous owner registration - and you can't help it. But mine is different - I bought a completely new game in the shop and it has it's serial in use (!)
Temple

Post by Temple »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

A problem has been reported with 1.2.25 that can cause a crash due to levies. 1.2.26 fixes this problem.

You can now download v1.2.26 from our Members' Club as long as you have registered your copy of Crown of Glory. Click on the "MEMBERS" link in the top navigation bar and look under Registered Downloads once you've logged in.

Regards,

- Erik

Eric, 1.2.26 as of today is still listed as a Beta. Can I assume that it's a good fix and use it?
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Its several weeks since I last played COG but when I did the 1.2.26 patch seemed to be working OK with 1.2.25 and with it I experienced none of the reported crashes.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

[&:]Since I installed the patch, the option to change each countries power level (Power + 1 etc.) is gone and replaced by a picture icon and the rulers name. Did I lose my mind or is this true?

LarryP.
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Its true - its been flagged up on a number of posts so lets hope it will be rectified on the next patch.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

OK, thanks. I need all the help I can get to win right now so that feature is important to me. [;)]

LarryP.
wonkguy

Post by wonkguy »

Is there really much chance of another patch coming down the pipeline?

Why would they put more resources into this game with AoE coming out sometime in 2007?  I'd love to see this game developed more but let's face it, my big decision now is whether to give these guys another shot and buy AoE or go back to EUIII.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Well my experience with Matrix has been that they continue to patch. I have faith that this will be fixed, and if not then I will revert back to the previous version to get my Power Levels back.
Syagrius

Post by Syagrius »

ORIGINAL: wonkguy

Why would they put more resources into this game with AoE coming out sometime in 2007?  I'd love to see this game developed more but let's face it, my big decision now is whether to give these guys another shot and buy AoE or go back to EUIII.
What the hell is AoE ?? Why people are always using acronyms [8|]
Vive l'Empereur!!
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

AoE=Age of Empires, Always on Edge? [;)] I get tired of it too sometimes but when I know the ones being used, it's great. However, I am not too sure about this one either. People use them to save multiple untold hours of typing time!

Syagrius

Post by Syagrius »

Yeah me too I was thinking about Age of Empires but it make no sense since the guy was talking about the next W.C.S. game..I tried to check on their website but there is nothing about a next game.
Vive l'Empereur!!
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: wonkguy

Go BACK to EUIII? It won't be out until the end of next month? Enlighten me please.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Matrix has an "Empires In Arms" in development. Nothing with the letters AoE. Also "Battlegrounds: American Civil War" but nothing close. I guess we will just have to wait until he shows up and clues us in. [8|]
oliver

Post by oliver »

Will there ever by a next patch ?

Mightbe even an "alpha patch" ... ???

I prefer to play games which don't have any longer issues to be fixed.

Oliver
22e demi-brigade de ligne
http://www.demi-brigade.org
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: oliver
I prefer to play games which don't have any longer issues to be fixed.

There aren't many of those, if you actually have access to the internal bug lists... but in any case, the plan is to revisit COG after the current FOF update is complete.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
oliver

Post by oliver »

Thanks, that's great news !

Oliver
22e demi-brigade de ligne
http://www.demi-brigade.org

Return to “Crown of Glory”