Wish List

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Mike Scholl

RE: Wish List

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor
YES, there is some partial compensation involved in this situation....the "price break" just mentioned. Half the cost of the gun you are replacing goes is credited towards your new purchase...you don't get the full cost, as these are "old" arms after all.

This method was decided on as preferable to keeping detailed "stockpiles" of used weapons, as no bookkeeping is involved.

OK. That's at least "something". I'll check for the "discount prices" next time. Still would have been nice to have a "re-arm button" that sent your old weapons to another needy brigade, but it's a designer decision.
spruce

Post by spruce »

Give Richmond an extra barrack at the start of the game - so it can at least build a corps container - and will be able to build armies much faster then now.

the absence of a decent corps builder in the CSA is an issue - even more when taken into account that Richmonds development is drastically hampered by building all these barracks there (they take time) the war might be lost when the South is building the second army container for the Tenessee army...

And it also delays further development of Richmond greatly.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: elmo3

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Not sure what really happens to them but the manual says you get a credit when you upgrade to a newer model equal to a percentage of what the old weapons cost. So maybe they are sold to the Indians?!

That would at least be something. Have you seen any evidence of it happening? I haven't noticed it and I just finished re-arming the entire Army of the Potomic (30 brigades) with "Improved Springfields"---My "arms recieved" totals always seemed to match my "city production" exactly.

I have not looked to be honest. What you should see is a reduced cost for upgrading the weapons. So you need to check to see if the full cost was deducted or if there was a discount. I'll experiment with it tonight if noboy gets to it sooner.

your resources are listed on the screen, along with the cost of the weapon, either check the rules for what the weapon should cost, or go to another unit and see what the weapon should cost if bought for that unit

I forget if it is still there, but there were some, that you could end up making money

it does work
bountyhunter

Post by bountyhunter »

I think Corinth, MS should be a "city" in the game. Prior to it's fall following Shiloh, it was considered the "Spine of the Confederacy" due to the strategic railroad junction there.
Jonathan Palfrey

Post by Jonathan Palfrey »

I'm currently playing with the Upgrade Weapons option turned off (basic game, mostly), so as far as I know weapons have no function in the game.

However, my runners can still pick up weapons, and my list of income items includes weapons. As I presumably can't do anything with these weapons, it would be better if they didn't appear at all.

This is a low-priority item but I mention it anyway.
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

I think Corinth, MS should be a "city" in the game. Prior to it's fall following Shiloh, it was considered the "Spine of the Confederacy" due to the strategic railroad junction there.

The RR Junction is there, and the South can build a Fort there to protect it if it wants to. Corinth was important as a location, not a city..., and there are many larger and more important citys left out of the game as well.
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

How about the option to choose near/normal/far start with each different battle?
I know I would very much appreciate such a feature, although I'm having no problems with the way the battles work now.
regards,

Briny
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

I wish I could slow down the siege text so that instead of it all flashing by super quick I could actually tell which brigade does what to whom.
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

I wish I could change the flags for things like siege artillery and all the other units for whom the flag change pop-up only contains the option to <cancel>.
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

I wish I could go right to the city or unit by clicking it's name on the summary/report screen.&nbsp; Right now clicking it changes it's name.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: carnifex

I wish I could change the flags for things like siege artillery and all the other units for whom the flag change pop-up only contains the option to <cancel>.

it can be done

Attachments
flagsII.jpg
flagsII.jpg (173.38 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

alt click, on a leader or siege gun and then click on a inf unit, and then pick a flag

once you get a flag for the inf unit, click F and all units that were Alt Clicked will change to that flag

you will have to click on something else to see the change

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Speaking of flags, after a quick look last night it seemed like some Union State flags were missing. Please consider adding them.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
marecone

Post by marecone »

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere.
Ok. About the stats. It sure would be nice at the end of the war to get some stats. Like casulties, wounded, cities taken or burned, ships sunk etc. I belive that wouldn't be too complicated to do and it would add much to the game.
Second idea is for combat report. After the battle it would be nice to get a name of a brigade that was the best on the field.
And third... I can't wait to see those bios in some future patch. If I get some more time, I'll contact you Gil to volunteer again [:D]

P.S. Thanks for the patch agin
"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

alt click, on a leader or siege gun and then click on a inf unit, and then pick a flag

once you get a flag for the inf unit, click F and all units that were Alt Clicked will change to that flag

thanks!&nbsp;

now to add my own:

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: marecone

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere.
Ok. About the stats. It sure would be nice at the end of the war to get some stats. Like casulties, wounded, cities taken or burned, ships sunk etc. I belive that wouldn't be too complicated to do and it would add much to the game.
Second idea is for combat report. After the battle it would be nice to get a name of a brigade that was the best on the field.
And third... I can't wait to see those bios in some future patch. If I get some more time, I'll contact you Gil to volunteer again [:D]

P.S. Thanks for the patch agin

I would like that myself
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Speaking of flags, after a quick look last night it seemed like some Union State flags were missing. Please consider adding them.

if you have some pics of some of flags please post them, the designers have said if they can find more, they are willing to try and add them

I thought Gil had said he would set up a Flap post for them ???

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: carnifex

thanks!

now to add my own:

your welcome, took me a while to find that trick myself :)

if you get that flag in, find some place to post it, I would like a copy too :)

moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

How about being able to&nbsp;exchange weapons&nbsp;between units&nbsp;in the same province.
I have wanted to do that many times.
I know there's an upgrading&nbsp;discount (upgrading from Minies to Springfields costs less than from muskets to Springfields) but it's a very small discount and isn't very realistic.&nbsp;
regards,

Briny
spruce

Post by spruce »

I wish that impressing should be handled different - impressed goods should become available as soon as you impress ... the incentive will be that the goverment is pushing to get the badly needed resources for an urgent project. Meaning the goods are available immediately - meaning chances for succes and danger are immediately resolved.

Impressment is not logical imho, cause it takes into account a certain risk (I lost my capitol in Alabama) to plan something that you will building the next turn - cause the revenues are for the next turn and then the situation is often totally different.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”