Wish List

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

genie144

RE: Wish List

Post by genie144 »

I would like better casualty figures with disease.  If disease strikes the first line or the last line should be total casualties resulting from disease in the province.  I also think FOW should apply to tech upgrades.  The city income was known before the war and for much of the war, so I wouldn't necessarily change that.  Maybe give the tech upgrade a turn delay before the otherside is notified.  I would also like faster turns in your PBEM :)

Sam
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: mlees

1. "Undo" orders button.
Due to misclicks, I end up sending a unit somewhere I didn't want to, after I get done inspecting it. Is there a way to "cancel" orders? I haven't seen one.

It's the backspace key, which undoes everything you've done in reverse order.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
mlees

Post by mlees »

It's the backspace key, which undoes everything you've done in reverse order.

Doh! That must be in the manual I haven't bothered to read yet. Thanks!
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

Couple more things.

On the MILITARY screen, you can single out "Leaders" in the options..., but it only brings up the "Unassigned" ones. Could you have it bring up all of them? Often it's the ones that are assigned that I want to compare and see if someone better could be substituted. If it's in there, I haven't found it. I can get them when I bring up the formations, but then I have a lot of extraneous data cluttering up the screen.

On the CITY LIST screen (and some others like it), could you make the "cancel" line a function of the "OK" button. Save and extra "move and click" when a player just wants to leave the screen. That "user friendly thing".

And it would really be nice on the CITY LIST screen if the towns "bonuses" were abbreviated somewhere. Like a "x2 res" when a city has a University, and such. So a player could see at a glance where he can get the most bang for his investment buck. User Friendly again.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

[font="times new roman"]Two however the British did not do that for long with regard to warships. The British first looked the other way and allowed certain ships to be constructed and then allowed them to be armed at Sea. However as the war progressed they stopped allowing this BECAUSE of union pressure and the fact that the war turned against the CSA. The UK started the war with very loose laws of neutrality as the war progressed against the South they grew more and more restrictive. The CSA tried to purchase several warships from (not just raiders but actually warships) from private groups at first when the CSA the UK government looked the other way but as the war started turning against the CSA and Union Diplomatic Pressure increased they stopped ignoring this and confiscated the ships. [/font]
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

Per Gil's request....

Could you modify the Movement arrows so that on the business end there was a small "go here" icon? And the "icon" would only be visable if you held the curser over a valid movement area of the province? Would avoid the constant need to be sure you hadn't "switched containers" when you meant to "make a move".
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Do something about the river areas (don't know what exactly). I have a unit which looks like he is in Missouri but is actually on the Mississippi river. And trying to click to go on a river is no joy either.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
wzh55

Post by wzh55 »

How about this: In City Detail picture it would be nice to either have a listing of buildings already built and those being built or when you mouse over the building in the screen, have it show what the building already built is and what building is being built.

Also, a "quick list" of the buildings and their use / time to build / effect.  I know the scroll on right show a partial list of buildings and effect.

How about a "Recommended Building Choice" from say, the governor, not just his requests and demands for the territory / city.
Bill Hawthorne
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: Sonny

Do something about the river areas (don't know what exactly). I have a unit which looks like he is in Missouri but is actually on the Mississippi river. And trying to click to go on a river is no joy either.

Maybe widen them a bit so that an adjacent strip of land showed on both sides? Make it more obvious that for movement purposes, this is a province...
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

I definitely vote for a zoom function on the strategic map - it's really crowded around Washington and some of the river valleys are not real apparent until you're snooping around them.
Hi-Res 1280x1024 would be great too.
A que for items being built in one city would be helpful.
An option for NATO symbols on the strategic map would help clarify some things at times, and would be easy to scale up or down to show more of the underlying terrain.

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

A que for items being built in one city would be helpful.

Go to the City List and you'll see the column that lists anything being built. If there's more than one thing, this will become apparent when one mouses over that column.

An option for NATO symbols on the strategic map would help clarify some things at times, and would be easy to scale up or down to show more of the underlying terrain.

You can get NATO symbols in detailed battle by hitting '+' -- but just to make sure, you do mean on the strategic map?
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

ORIGINAL: Sonny

Maybe widen them a bit so that an adjacent strip of land showed on both sides? Make it more obvious that for movement purposes, this is a province...

That would probably do it.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
quikstrike

Post by quikstrike »

Wouldn't mind seeing CSA commerce raiders added in to the game... :)
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Widening the riverine provinces is not an option: it would require redoing the map, which is an enormous undertaking.

It can be a bit awkward, but anytime you're unsure which province a unit is in just mouse over it and you'll know.
chris0827

Post by chris0827 »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Widening the riverine provinces is not an option: it would require redoing the map, which is an enormous undertaking.

It can be a bit awkward, but anytime you're unsure which province a unit is in just mouse over it and you'll know.

Could you add some sort of outline to the river provinces to make them stand out more?
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

So you've "painted yourself into a corner"? Been there, done that... Suprised none of the testors noticed the awkwardness of dealing with these "areas". They're "usable", but they sure ain't "elegant".
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

So you've "painted yourself into a corner"? Been there, done that... Suprised none of the testors noticed the awkwardness of dealing with these "areas". They're "usable", but they sure ain't "elegant".

LOL, now why would you even say that ?

they have been changed because the testers noticed it, you should of seen some of the earlier models
Cliffor1

Post by Cliffor1 »

It would be nice to have a one summary screen on what buildings you have in each province. The detailed graphical one is nice but you have to scroll too often. For example I want to sort my areas by the ones that have ironworks so I know where to build mines, or where are my training camps so I can maximize my quality when I recruit brigades, or where do I have universities so I know where to build research buildings. Right now as far as I can tell, you can see how many of these buildings exist on the build screen but the only way to find them is to scroll through the detailed city screen and scroll the building list on the right, and that's a little time consuming.... by the way great game!!!!!
Cliffor1

Post by Cliffor1 »

Oops forgot another thing.... just because I make mistakes, or come up with a better idea later, it would be nice to be able to undo a build of a unit of building you have chosen... if there is a way pls let me know... I missed it... I hate building a horse farm and then seeing that I'm producing way more iron there.....
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: Clifford

It would be nice to have a one summary screen on what buildings you have in each province. The detailed graphical one is nice but you have to scroll too often. For example I want to sort my areas by the ones that have ironworks so I know where to build mines, or where are my training camps so I can maximize my quality when I recruit brigades, or where do I have universities so I know where to build research buildings. Right now as far as I can tell, you can see how many of these buildings exist on the build screen but the only way to find them is to scroll through the detailed city screen and scroll the building list on the right, and that's a little time consuming.... by the way great game!!!!!

It might be possible for Eric to do this by adding another filter button to the City List.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”