How useful is the OLD rulebook?

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Adam Parker

How useful is the OLD rulebook?

Post by Adam Parker »

I just bought WAW-AWD but I already own the first WAW too. I also bought a boxed first WAW in order to get its printed rulebook as it was on special.

I haven't played WAW properly so don't know its rules thoroughly but now want to learn it well.

Is there a summary table of what rules have changed in the new version or is the old rulebook now totally useless to learn the game?

I really don't want to print a 182 new rulebook if I don't have to...

Thanks,
Adam.
Tom Grosv

RE: How useful is the OLD rulebook?

Post by Tom Grosv »

I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and print. There is just way too much that has changed to make the old rules worth anything more than scrap paper IMO. It might take the sting out of it to know that the new rules appear to be better written and have a superior table of contents - in the old rule book I often found it difficult to find the rule I was after. Also, I found that I could print 2 sheets per A4 page and its still perfectly readable - means you only have to print 90 pages rather than 180.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

This is where you should look at:

tm.asp?m=1298259

nevertheless printing the manual and reading it helps a lot.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
christian brown

Post by christian brown »

You simply cannot use the GGWaW manual for this game, besides that, the index was useless...good luck with AWD!  You are de bienvenue, sir.
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

Thank you all.

That is a HUGE shame (financially) [;)]

Merci beaucoup, Christian!

Adam.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”