Game loaded with pink panthers

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

froglidite

Game loaded with pink panthers

Post by froglidite »

I just bought a new computer and all is running fine. Just finished today downloading the SPWAW game and I have many color shifts into the mauve and purple shades. Happened on the old computer before as well when downloading the game a few months ago. In the past, the download was fine and no problems with colors being off on the screen. Any information on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Steve
Advance to the sound of the guns, if your hearing isn't too bad........
StefanE

RE: Game loaded with pink panthers

Post by StefanE »

I don't have any solution for it, but I can report that it happens *occasionaly* to me on two different computers. I suspect the graphic card has something to do with it since both computers have quite simple graphic.

If you want to experiment a little you could try to change the screen resolution to 800x600 on the computer before starting the game. If that helps, then the problem is likely to have something to do with the drivers to the graphics card. You could also experiment with reducing the number of colours enabled. Besides that I have no ideas.

Good luck

/Stefan
Alby

Post by Alby »

try running in win98 compatablity mode too.

azraelck

Post by azraelck »

You know, if the Germans had painted all of their Panzer Vs pink, they would have won the war.
"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."
SireChaos

Post by SireChaos »

ORIGINAL: azraelck

You know, if the Germans had painted all of their Panzer Vs pink, they would have won the war.

Because the Allies would have dropped dead from laughing?
azraelck

Post by azraelck »

Yep. [:D]
"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."
General Turgidson

Post by General Turgidson »

I've encountered this same problem. I've found that if there's something else running at the same time like certain spyware programs or even receiving automatic updates from whatever, it will have a tendancy to go psychedelic on me. As a remedy I disengage from anything that may run at the same time as the game.

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”