Newb Need Help

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
holger

Newb Need Help

Post by holger »

Well I just started my first try as France in the 1805 scenario. And I faced my first problem:

According to the rules units do damage in relation to their own strength. Therefore I want to create an Imperial Army with 20 full stength divisions. I attached and detached divisons in Flanders and then I swapped men between the divisons. I put the best generals in command of my Imperial Army and the attached corps.

I gave orders to move to Switzerland. My other army was ordered to move to Britanny. My understrength divisons were ordered to Paris to refill.

I ended the order phase.

Nothing happened. All of my armies, corps, divisions and leaders are still in Flanders! And even worst: All of my attachments were gone. The divisions were attached to their formers corps. But I had no attrition losses - amazing because I was over the supply limit in Flanders.

I have no advisors turned on, and other movement orders were executed.

I had saved the game after reorganization und before giving movement orders. When I just ended the order phase without giving commands next turn my attachments were also in a mess and I suffered attrition losses in Flanders.

What the hell is happening to me?

I hope their is someone out there who can point out my mistakes.

regards Holger
Clausel

RE: Newb Need Help

Post by Clausel »

With a very large force you should have suffered forage attrition unless you had left your army(ies) on supply and had a depot in the same or an adjacent province. If you had accidently pressed D and the cursor was over a province that is the short cut to create a depot there. Check the supply report (tab appears when you move cursor near top of information box on strategic map)to see what happened if it exists on the save file, Unfortunately the reports are often blank when a save is replayed. The supply report on your live game will show the turn just played not this earlier one.

When you reorganise (especially a large force) its best not to order a move out of the province until the turn after the reorganisation. Sometimes it comes off if you try both but frequently it stalls particularly when numerous unit changes are involved.

Return to “The War Room”