Request for some extra ART for making new units

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

coralsaw

Request for some extra ART for making new units

Post by coralsaw »

Hello all,

I've started doing some new icons for Factories, Resources and the like. One thing that I'd like to kindly ask the developers, is to provide the vanilla GUI counters (the unit counters showing at the bottom without the actual unit pictures, just the base 'button' icons that is) for all sides, in order to superimpose the new counters easily.

If you have those icons, could you provide them pls.

Thx

/coralsaw

Attachments
newicons.jpg
newicons.jpg (119.39 KiB) Viewed 802 times
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte, 15 July 1815, to the captain of HMS Bellerophon.
templeton

RE: Request for some extra ART

Post by templeton »

I'd pay for more icons - more jets, upgraded tanks... especially for those longer games where more exotic techs would be available.
christian brown

Post by christian brown »

I had an INF icon built, it´s a German crouching with a Panzerfaust, looks extremely cool, drop your perso e-mail address to me in a PM and I´ll send it to you.  Hopefully, you would then put it into a file I myself could use, I'm thinking this art should kick in at 7EV 7LA.....
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Glad to see some new art. Marc is going to come up with that art you requested and hopefully we'll find a way to post it here for those wanting to mod the units in the pop-up boxes.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
coralsaw

Post by coralsaw »

Much obliged Joel. Image

/coralsaw
A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. - Napoleon Bonaparte, 15 July 1815, to the captain of HMS Bellerophon.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Blanks attached.
Attachments
PopUpIcons_blanks.zip
(57.51 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
coralsaw

Post by coralsaw »

Exactly what I needed! Many thx Marc.

/coralsaw
coralsaw

Post by coralsaw »

Hey again.

I did these new factory/resource/rail icons for my own use, since I really wanted to have a clearer view of actual units v. infrastructure. I'm using different colors and shapes for easy differentiation, but unfortunately I had to use 'L' for rail, since 'R' is for resources. Gets pretty easy to use after a while though (green->rail, yellow->resource, red->factory. See the screenshot below about how these icons look, they also look very good in the highly zoomed-out map.

Installation should be straightforward if you're comfortable with winzip and the windows explorer. Make sure you backup your 'dat/art' directory first, then unzip the attached file in the 'dat' directory so it overwrites the proper files.

FRL art

Hope it's useful. [:)]

Attachments
FRLdemo.jpg
FRLdemo.jpg (57.8 KiB) Viewed 804 times
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

Imho, just remove the icon for rail entirely. You can tell from the map if a region is railed anyway.
GKar

Post by GKar »

ORIGINAL: JanSorensen

Imho, just remove the icon for rail entirely. You can tell from the map if a region is railed anyway.
Agreed. The transport level should tell the rest.

Nice work coralsaw! [:)]
coralsaw

Post by coralsaw »

That's a nice idea, will do. Image
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Wow, this is an excellent idea. I was having trouble trying to distinguish things on crowded areas. Thanks for figuring out my problem. I'm going to use this!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”