Transport Usage

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Protagonist

Transport Usage

Post by Protagonist »

Ideally, transports should be used at the least used transport first so that one transport at a time would be using its transport capacity while the rest are full. Things do get more complicated when you back out of some movement, but I find frequently when you move in transports from multiple locations, something gets messed up and multiple transports are being used so that you end up with say 40 capacity left but two transports used, and are unable to free up one transport.

Is there one other factor in deciding which transport to use, such as transport movement capacity left that is confusing the issue when you bring a new transport in that has more movement capacity in, but should be behind in the line otherwise because it is empty (and therefore behind) in the transport capacity line?
Currently playing:

Gary Grigsby's World at War
Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided
flintlock

RE: Transport Usage

Post by flintlock »

Protagonist: ...such as transport movement capacity left that is confusing the issue when you bring a new transport in that has more movement capacity in, but should be behind in the line otherwise because it is empty (and therefore behind) in the transport capacity line?
I'll let others more enlightened answer your question, but I wanted to say that your sentence above has my head spinning. Honestly, I feel dizzy. ;)
Protagonist

Post by Protagonist »

LOL, sometimes I let my thoughts get ahead of my fingers on the keyboard.

Rewritten:

Is there one other hidden factor in deciding which transport takes the units or supply to be moved? Could that factor be remaining movement capacity? If that is the case, that may explain why a transport that was moved in from another region "jumps" in line and starts taking units, leaving you with the situation of two transports partially used. This is the inefficient situation that the other rule was supposed to prevent.

Addendum:

Can this be fixed?
Currently playing:

Petiloup

Post by Petiloup »

Noticed the same and could free some transport by undoing the moves but this never happened in WAW.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

If you can post a save with repeatable steps to show what you are talking about, it would go a long way to not only finding out what is happening but potentially addressing the issue. Without the save I'm not sure I'll get a clear (and correct) answer from the programmer.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

I did some work a while back to make the useage of transports smarter. I will be happy to take a look at a save showing the problem.
Protagonist

Post by Protagonist »

I will get a save to you with a before and after.
Currently playing:

christian brown

Post by christian brown »

I'm almost certain that FoW plays a role in the frozen transport issue, once they move somewhere and see something that was previously hidden, when they move back they no longer have amphib cap..
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Tech Support”