I can not see the combat animations

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Juliuspluvius

I can not see the combat animations

Post by Juliuspluvius »

I, ve installed the 1.804 and when i execute the combat save file, in PBEM, in Scen 15 i can not see the combat animations. My oponent have not this problem, and we tryed to change as allies and japan but the problem remains. What´s the problem?

PD: In others i haven´t this problem
Every time that I close the cabin of my plane I feel that I close the lid of my coffin

German pilot in 1944
Dive Bomber1

RE: I can not see the combat animations

Post by Dive Bomber1 »

ORIGINAL: Julio

I, ve installed the 1.804 and when i execute the combat save file, in PBEM, in Scen 15 i can not see the combat animations. My oponent have not this problem, and we tryed to change as allies and japan but the problem remains. What´s the problem?

PD: In others i haven´t this problem

I had the same problem in my new pbem when I ran the combat save file. There were no combat animations and the combat report was turned "off". I then reinstalled the game and tested this with a pbem against myself. Once again, there were no combat animations and no combat report, and the "switches" were turned "off" again.

But what I did as the Japanese player was to turn the switches back "on" again from within the turn. This time the switches stayed "on" and I got combat animations and a combat report next turn.

I don't think that this is how it is supposed to work, but at least this workaround solves the immediate problem.

Good luck...
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

Thanks, yesterday at nigth i tested this sugestions and run well
Every time that I close the cabin of my plane I feel that I close the lid of my coffin

German pilot in 1944
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

When you install a patch, the preference file is usually deleted.
When you start up the program a new file is created with options set to the default.

It is always a good idea, after patching, to start up the game and check your settings before playing any turns.
Michael
Dive Bomber1

Post by Dive Bomber1 »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

When you install a patch, the preference file is usually deleted.
When you start up the program a new file is created with options set to the default.

It is always a good idea, after patching, to start up the game and check your settings before playing any turns.

I checked my settings repeatedly before testing, and each time I started a new pbem the first turn re-set my settings for Combat Animations and Combat Report.

Maybe it is a combination of my other settings... I'll have to test it more later today.
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

Post by AU Tiger_MatrixForum »

I have the same proble. I started the game, set my options the way I wanted and exited. My default was then correct. I started a PBEM to test it and VOILA! no animations....

After turning reports and animations ON within the Japanese options on the first playable turn, they did work.

Version 1.804
"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

In simulations, in PBEM againts myself, it´s ok but when i play really PBEM the jap player see combat animations but the Allied don´t see. I don´t know what i do

German pilot in 1944
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

This is what we (Dive Bomber and I) did: We started a non-historical game with the proper settings. We then sent the game back and forth through the Dec. 7th turn without making any changes, and called it the "pseudo-historical" start. It worked fine. I think there is a 1.804 bug in PBEM. As long as you trust your opponent to not make any changes on the first turn, it will work out fine.

Y buenas suertes con todas las mujeres! Tu necesitas a ser muy fuerte, si?
Lo siento, mi espanol y vocabolario son muy pocitos.

Tho. Jackson
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I started up a new PBEM game. Checked the Japanese preferences, and ran both turns.
Animations and reports showed up.

All I can suggest is for the Japanese player to check his preferences before saving the turn.
BTW, I did notice that the Allied player can change his preferences on the Preference Screen. But this does not seem to have any impact...the resolution turn used the Japanese settings.
Michael
Juliuspluvius

Post by Juliuspluvius »

Well, my jap enemy is a friend, yesterday i call and say: are you sure that the combat animations is on?, Yes of course, well send me the combat save, and when i run the combat save i can not see the combat animations, but i have combat reports. Yesterday, i tested two times and in the second i asked newly: are you sure....? and my friend say me [:@][:@][:@]......, well send me the combat save. Today we test the Dive Bomber suggestions and i hope all go well

German pilot in 1944
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Julio, did you ever have any luck with this?  My problem is the opposite.  We have the animations turned off, but I don't get the Combat Reports as the Allies. 

AU Tiger, you mentioned this is a bug with 1.804.  Is it only with historical starts?  Does anyone know if this is being addressed by Matrix?
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

I have only found it to happen with historical start, and as long as both players have them turned on, they will appear starting turn 2. I am playing a historical game now and have had animations and replays since the second turn. Whether anyone is addressing it, I don't know.

Tho. Jackson
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

This is not guaranteed to help AT ALL, but here's a link to the 1.804 version that I'm using, problem-free:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vgsoyq
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Terminus, have you tried starting a new, Historical 1st Turn, PBEM game with 1.804?  After reading AU Tiger's comments I ran several tests.  I had the problem of Combat Reports being turned off in every new historical start PBEM game I tested, but I was able to get them turned back on to stay from within the turn after the first turn.  I'm still waiting to get the next turn back from my PBEM opponent to see if we can get Combat Reports working in our game.  I don't think it's an issue with the patch file, unless you happen to have a version that is different from the standard Matrix 1.804 patch. 
Mike

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I don't have a non-standard version (1.804 was out before I came on board), so you're probably right, that it's nothing to do with a corrupt patch file... Weird...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Joe, Don, do either of you know if this issue with Combat Reports and Scen 15 historical starts is being addressed?  Seems like it started with 1.804.  My PBEM Japanese opponent and I have not been able to get Combat Reports to turn on after the first turn, as some have been able to do.  I tested it in a PBEM against myself and I was able to turn them on, but they are still missing from my game with Montereytrench.  Boy, I sure would love to have Combat Reports to look back over for this game!  Thanks!
Mike

Return to “Tech Support”