Question about PDS

Questions, comments, suggestions regarding the use of the PDS to create and modify plays and formations for Maximum-Football

Moderator: David Winter

jpinard

Question about PDS

Post by jpinard »

I remember way back to my Cinemaware TC Sports football days, and Sierr's Front Page Sports Football... and how I could always come up with a set of plays the defense could never adapt to. (usually rollout to sideline and pass downfield).

Is Maximum Football's AI adaptive enough to counteract plays like this? Or do you just need to control your own cheese factor :)
Tbird

RE: Question about PDS

Post by Tbird »

There was a problem with outside running but that has been fixed

so far no AI busters have been discovered 

jpinard

Post by jpinard »

ORIGINAL: Tbird

There was a problem with outside running but that has been fixed

so far no AI busters have been discovered 

Wow, that's pretty darn impressive.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

The beta teams tries to break the AI and then write plays to defeat the break. If we see poor AI, we post to the beta board, and David will try to handle it.

The defense has been updated twice with Release 3, so we are still building defenses. Generally, it is harder to design good defenses than good offenses.

dreamtheatervt

Post by dreamtheatervt »

I won't speak for R3, but I have some AI busting plays on the old version.  They are all homerun passes.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Prior to Release 3 changes, passes outside of the numbers could not be defensed well by the defense. Players in motion were also difficult to cover.

As the defensive AI has changed, the beta team has listed problems that David has looked at. Because some of the defensive AI is pretty new, there hasn't been much time to check it out completely, but there have been many improvements.

- Marauders

Return to “Play Development System (PDS)”