Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

Alex Fiedler

Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series

Post by Alex Fiedler »

Two of Boku Strategy Games Series Comes to Matrix!

Matrix Games is very proud to announce they have acquired the rights to two game series engines and will be developing the next games in the Combat Command and Horse and Musket series designed by Boku Strategy Games.

Design and development of these game series will continue with the aid of Michael Cooney and Tim Coakley. Fans of the series can look forward to new features as well as enhancements to the series.

“It has been a tremendous year for us,” says Lance Stoltz, Business Development at Matrix Games. “We at Matrix Games have always been big fans of both series, and it is a great honor to be working with another fine developer and game engines.”

Michael Cooney said “Matrix Games has published some excellent wargames titles over the last few years and we are very happy these two series will continue with Matrix Games.”

Horse and Musket is an 18th Century hex based strategy game using company sized units. Combat Command is a World War 2 game using the same company sized units. Due to the tactics found in each era, though the games sound similar, the tactics involved are quite varied.

In the near future we’ll be announcing what will change and where Matrix will take these two great series. Stay tuned at www.matrixgames.com!
AndyfromVA1

RE: Matrix Games Acquires Horse and Musket & Combat Command Series

Post by AndyfromVA1 »

I hope you focus on the user interface. I played the demos and found the interface to be difficult.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Andy

We will be putting together a list of things we like to address. If you have any direct issues with the UI please let us know.

David Heath
Matrix Games
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

I consider this a nice bit of news. The game has not seen as much visibility as I think it deserves. Over all, it's a good design.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
MichaelCooney

Post by MichaelCooney »

<Copied from the Horse and Musket forum>

Hi all, just wanted to pop-in to make a presence.&nbsp; You probably don't know my name, but I'm the programmer/owner behind Boku Strategy Games.&nbsp; These game series are being turned over to Double Shot Design because there have been a lot of requests for new and modified features and we just haven't been and won't be able to give the games the attention they deserve (See the Shrapnel press release...).&nbsp; So while this is no longer a Boku effort and you won't see "Boku" on the box or in the credits, I'll be working with Tim Coakley on these games for awhile until the next programmers are comfortable working on their own.&nbsp; Talking with Tim, I know you'll be pleased with what he has in store... :)

Thanks for all the positive responses!

Michael Cooney
Boku Strategy Games, Developer of Combat Command and Horse & Musket
foxtrot

Post by foxtrot »

Combat Command Desert Rats and Danger Forward are two of my all time favorite computer games. I hope you don't change to much, the only thing I remember was a bug where the unspotted units could be displayed inadvertantly during pbem play ( or advertantly for that matter). I loved the scale and how tank vs tank, AT vs armor or infantry, artillery and HQ's were handled. The interface was excellent, esp. the way you could pull up which units were attached to which HQ's and anything else you needed to know about your unit dispositions, without clicking on each and every stack.

The manual(s) spelled out how the game worked, avoiding having to learn a major portion of the game by trial and error. I'm looking forward to its release.
Anendrue

Post by Anendrue »

Ok a year has passed and no information here. Could someone please tell us what the status is?
Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Combat Command Series”