Final Results

This subforum is devoted to discussing and establishing proper ratings for the database of 1000 Civil War generals and preparing brief bios of them.

Moderator: Gil R.

jchastain

Final Results

Post by jchastain »

Once the numbers are tabulated from the polls, would it make sense to post them in a single discussion thread and allow people to compare and discuss potential modifications to them? It is one thing to vote in a poll in a vacuum. It is another to see all the numbers come together where it is possible to see the bigger picture. When I think of the expertise we have on this board and the kind of deep analysis folks like Ivaces have been contributing, I'd love to see the list come together where our experts can give it a final review and post well reasoned potential modifications.

Then you after we hash through that, perhaps you could post one last final poll with all the numbers including any final modifications of the last review process for people to accept or reject them with a final yes/no vote on the final numbers as a whole? Just trying to think through a logical end game to this exercise...
Gil R.

RE: Final Results

Post by Gil R. »

I've been planning to do something along those lines. Stay tuned...
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Williamb

Post by Williamb »

Are there going to be votes on other general's ratings ?
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: William Amos

Are there going to be votes on other general's ratings ?

You mean the 25-percenters? I don't think there's time since we're already voting on the new batch of 100-percenters (plus there are 20 of them, so it would be a pain to put up nearly 100 more polls). Perhaps it might make more sense for me to post the list and we can more informally determine ratings?
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
dh76513

Post by dh76513 »

I am happy to see that Patrick Cleburne made it to the list of 100-percenters. Cleburne's Division became the most celebrated command in the Army of Tennessee. It was engaged in battles at Murfreesboro (Stone River), at Chickamauga, and at Missionary Ridge where it held its position against superior numbers and then checked the Union pursuit. Cleburne served gallantly in the Atlanta campaign. Despite these military successes, Cleburne's proposal to free and enlist the slaves in the Confederate Army probably prevented his further promotion. He met his death at the head of his troops in the great charge at Franklin, Tennessee, on 30 November 1864. Arguably the best Confederate general in the Army of Tennessee, Cleburne remains virtually unknown to most Americans and even many Southerners. However, for further information and some interesting history on this CSA warrior visit the Patrick Cleburne Society below:

http://www.patrickcleburne.com/

Return to “Generals' Ratings”