Question on Patches

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

joeblack1862

Question on Patches

Post by joeblack1862 »

Probably a stupid question but I need it spelled out for me.

I just bought the game and have installed version 1.0.

I want to patch it up to 1.38 before starting to play. Do I have to install all the patches in between. Or can I just install 1.38 and that will also include all the changes before?

If not, what patches do I need to install?

Thanks for any help in advance.

I forgot to metion, I did look around the forum first and the members area but it didn't really answer my question. Thanks again!
dnelms

RE: Question on Patches

Post by dnelms »

Keep in mind that these are BETA patches (although stable). If I recall, you could just download the latest and not worry about those in between.
A PureSim supporter from the early alpha days!
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

Well, I can only see 1.38 in the sticky. It used to say 1.37

So, logically that means I don't need the previous patches, or they would be available as a sticky...

So I will go ahead, install the public upgrade 1.2 and then install 1.38 on that, seems to make sense.

I'm a brit who is escaping the football manager/ootp2006 anal retentive games that are doing my head in.

Pure Simm seems like a breath of fresh air.
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

I must have been typing and you were posting.

Thanks for the advice, it nice to have confirmation I was going to do the right thing!
XCom

Post by XCom »

ORIGINAL: Joe Black

I must have been typing and you were posting.

Thanks for the advice, it nice to have confirmation I was going to do the right thing!

Yes, all you need to install is the 1.38 patch and that will include all of the updates. The last "official" patch is 1.20, so if you are not comfortable with running a beta patch then that is the one to use.

Welcome aboard and best wishes!
joeblack1862

Post by joeblack1862 »

Thanks for the welcome and confirmation!

This game has a better 'feel' to it than ootp. Draws you in more but doesn't overwhelm you with needing to deal with minute detail.

The information is more accessible (and if not, I can write my own screens, couldn't be better).
XCom

Post by XCom »

ORIGINAL: Joe Black

Thanks for the welcome and confirmation!

This game has a better 'feel' to it than ootp. Draws you in more but doesn't overwhelm you with needing to deal with minute detail.

The information is more accessible (and if not, I can write my own screens, couldn't be better).

I think you just summed up the sentiments of the majority of this community in 3 sentences! [:)] Great to hear you are enjoying the game...it only gets better with time.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”