production issues in CHS

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Greco, Thomas A

production issues in CHS

Post by Greco, Thomas A »

I am an experienced PBEM player but not an avid forum reader. This question has probably been covered before but the search engine sucks, so here it is again. It is May 42 in a CHS game and the allies are almost out of army fighters. I am getting only 1 P40B replacement a month and 1 P40E replacement. I get 10 P40E production monthly but no B production. Production of the British and Commonwealth versions is also minimal. It is hard to defend OZ with 40 Buffaloes. Is this an intended feature of CHS? If not, what do I do?
Also, in one of my original version games it is Aug 43 and the 5th Amph Hq in SF will not load. I have tried changing hqs, changing commanders, moving it to LA, loading on transports, cargo AKs, APDs and Amphibian TFS, all to no avail. Any ideas? No other units are giving me trouble.
"Have fun storming the castle." Miracle Max
Terminus

RE: production issues in CHS

Post by Terminus »

If you're talking about V Amphibious Force, then it can only be loaded onto an amphibious command ship (AGC) like the Blue Ridge. Until they show up, it's stuck where it is.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Can't help you with the other one as I don't play CHS...
Greco, Thomas A

Post by Greco, Thomas A »

Thought it may be something like that. When do I get the AGC's ? (at work so I can't check it myself. If I ever loaded this game on my office computer my kids would starve).
"Have fun storming the castle." Miracle Max
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

The Blue Ridge is right around the corner, arriving in mid-September '43.
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: Greco, Thomas A

I am an experienced PBEM player but not an avid forum reader. This question has probably been covered before but the search engine sucks, so here it is again. It is May 42 in a CHS game and the allies are almost out of army fighters. I am getting only 1 P40B replacement a month and 1 P40E replacement. I get 10 P40E production monthly but no B production. Production of the British and Commonwealth versions is also minimal. It is hard to defend OZ with 40 Buffaloes. Is this an intended feature of CHS? If not, what do I do?

Are you sure you have the latest version? My CHS base version is 2d and scenario version 2.08.

I am playing CHS NikMod scenario, but I believe that the production is the same for the CHS GC scenario. I see 2 and 40 for Replacement and 0 and 0 for production respectively. I also see 40 for Kittyhawk beginning in March 42.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Greco, Thomas A

If you are playing ver 1.8 or later, you can disband or withdraw American units in San Francisco and free up their aircraft for use elsewhere. So if you have a bunch of fighter units floating around the US doing nothing, send them to San Francisco and either disband or withdraw them. If there is another unit of that type in SF, the planes will go to it, but if there are not aircraft units of that type there, a box will pop up asking if you want to disband the unit into the pool. If you say yes, their planes will become available for upgrading other units.

If you disband the group, the pilots will go into the pilot pool, with their experience rating. Some people have used this as a cheat to get experienced pilots into other plane type by training up their transport and float plane pilots and then disbanding them into the pool only to reuse those pilots in fighters or bombers.

The other nationalities have different bases for disbanding groups. For Australia and the Dutch, I believe it's Melbourne. It's Karachi for the British and Indians. I think it might be Karachi for the Commonwealth too. It's Osaka for the Japanese.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

In 2.08 versioins of CHS, P-40E production should be 30 (or was it 40?). Kittyhawk I production should be 40. You should laso be getting some P-38Fs, so might be beneficial to switch a unit or 2 to those too.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”