Blitzkrieg:War in Europe 1939-1945

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.
hbrsvl

Blitzkrieg:War in Europe 1939-1945

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi -I need help with the game. First off, when I came upon my problem I went to Matrx' on line store. They said to come to this place for help. Problem: Game is transferred to Palm Tungsten E. When I tap on game icon, it asks me for "code to unlock" . I don't have a code. Can anyone help, please. Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
Marc von Martial

RE: Blitzkrieg:War in Europe 1939-1945

Post by Marc von Martial »

The same code you received for the installer should work fine. Please make sure you are entering it exactly as you received it, with the right case and hyphens and all, no extra spaces.
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

Mark- That's my problem. I don't have the installed code. Actually, I'm not sure what "installed code" means. May I beg some more help from you? Thanks, HB
hbrsvl
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

go to findmyorder.com, enter your order details, your code should be there. You also had to enter the code when you installed it, do you remember where you got that? That is the code. You also received an email with the code in it.
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-I did what you said, went to findmyorder, etc. BUT, at that point there is only an order # & a serial #. The serial # is composed of letters & numbers, which is impossible to enter on the Palm. I understand there was a code when I DLed the game, but I can't find it & I don't remember it. Please, any more ideas? Thanks, HB.
hbrsvl
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

The serial number is not impossible to enter on the palm. You switch between letters and numbers on the palm by switching the keyboard (if you are using the softkeyboard) type by clicking the ABC or 123 beneath the keyboard.

Are you using Palm OS 5.0? If so then there should be 3 keyboard types: ABC abc and 123 (two cases and one numeric). You want to make sure you enter the serial number, correct case and all, as you see it at findmyorder.

The Serial Number you saw when you DLed the game is the same serial number you see when you look at findmyorder.com.
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

I see now that the Tungsten E has a hardwired pad for entering letters and numbers. It is entirely possible to enter every letter/number using that pad...admittedly you've got to know how to write in "palm" but it is possible.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

admittedly you've got to know how to write in "palm" but it is possible.

I assume you mean the Palm OS "Grafitti" feature? You don't have to use that if you don't want to. You can allways use the standard "QWERTY" software keyboard.
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

Ah, I've got a TX (and the game doesn't run worth crap on it, sadly) and it doesn't have the hardwired grafitti--I had forgotten the trademarked name--pad. I didn't know those devices with the pad also had a softkeyboard.
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

jvgfanatic- Hi-Thanks so VERY much. After some trial & error(like finding out how to backspace on the Palm) , I got it. Game is up & running. One other question- Is it possible to change markers to standard NATO nomenclature? I mean can we use markers for units instead of the men shown now? Thanks again for all your help. HB
hbrsvl
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

There is no apparent way to change the look of the battlefield and units other than to hide/show the units themselves.

If you could do me a favor and launch the France 1944 scenario as the Allies and simply end your turn. On my TX it crashes during Germany's turn and I'd like to see if it works on another system. I assume that it should but it would be good to know for sure.
hbrsvl

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-When I brought the Allies up, the screen flashed-"Your opponent starts the scenario.You can change initial deploymentof your units. Your units cannot attack enemy units or enter enemy hexes in this phase. Select End Turn from game menu tofisish". Hope this helps. HB
hbrsvl
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

Yeah, I know what the screen reads, but as soon as I select End Turn it begins the German turn and crashes my Palm. I've received NO response from paytek or matrix on this matter. My TX is clean, my cache is clear. I'm just trying to get someone else to repro this problem. You don't have a TX however I want to hear of the Allies getting a 2nd turn. On my Palm it never makes it that far. It crashes on the FIRST GERMAN TURN.
PlayTek

Post by PlayTek »

This has been fixed in version 1.44 that is about to be uploaded to MatrixGames.

Return to “Blitzkrieg Support”